myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
A Happy Ending?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rowena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: A Happy Ending? Reply with quote

A collision on the water yesterday at Leo. Accidents happen in windsurfing and that’s just the sport. Thanks to Steve and Kathy and others for helping me with my gear, while my hubby was zinging B&F, so happy, so full of bliss. My leg is swollen still, no weight on it, but I’m thinking it might involve the muscle above the knee, and not my knee. ---Hear an audible sigh of relief--- it’s nice to have friends to de-rig my sail and load my gear in my car. It was like having valet service.

To keep my spirits high during my recovery, I thought I’d share with you an article in today’s L.A. Times on the revival of chastity belts in Indonesia...

“In recent years, conservative Islamic values in have gained influence in an Indonesian society that has long enjoyed liberal freedoms, such as easy access to alcohol, gambling and the sex trade. Franky Setiawan, owner of Doghado Massage Parlor designed a chastity belt for his masseuses, complete with a padlock, after the town’s brothels were shut down. “We had a hard time rejecting this kind of client because they try over and over and over again, persuading our workers with the dangerously sweet words”, said Franky. He keeps the keys and the padlocks in a drawer, and once in a while he checks to make sure no one lifts the keys to cut copies."

What I love about this story is Franky’s acknowledgment of man’s insatiable cunning, the use of “dangerously sweet words”. Men!

Billy told me to title this Topic “A Happy Ending?” and said you guys would get it. Huh?
Laughing
dabull1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Dr FeelGood in the House! Reply with quote

May I suggest the medicinal benefits of either Don Julio Blanco or Silver Herradura as muscle relaxant/anti-inflamatories? A squeeze of fresh lime, a dash of sweet/sour mix, a salted rim and a floater of Gran Marnier... maybe even Billy will get a happy ending!!! Seriously, get better soon! Aloha, Bull
jp5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, second on bull's suggestion. Matter of fact that's why I wasn't there yesterday. There was a pitcher of margaritas just asking for it.

Seriously though, glad you are ok.
rowena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, Yes, this morning I'm feeling the results of a strong margarita as medicine. If my head hurts, then I don't notice my knee pain as much. I think that's part of the treatment, at least it is in Tom and Jerry cartoons.

I'm beginning to think that Ice, Advil and Tequila will cure most anything.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
nealpar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last summer on a glassy day at Leo with waist high waves I paddled out on my longboard hoping for a nice sundowner workout and ended up instead with Guinness Record breaking bruise on my right thigh. A fellow surfer (a beginner like me, but a careless one at that...) decided to jump off his board right near me, catapulting the nose of the board right toward me. Fortunately, the board hit my thigh muscle and not my head or knee. I would've been dead if it hit my head.

I was in unbearable pain and truly thought my femur was history, and all the guy said was I'm sorry a couple of times, then paddled for a wave again. I paddled to shore to assess the damage, and when I realized I could stand, I paddled back out. Didn't know what I was going to say or do. My mind was racing between how to beat him up, inflict identical pain on him, sue him, have him arrested, have him banned from Leo forever,...etc... When I got to him, all that came out was "You really should be more careful and don't just let go of your board like that..."

I realized that (up to a point), I assumed the risk of something like that happening. The guy was merely an idiot, but not sinister...

So I had a giant bruise (12 inch diameter) on my thigh for about 3 weeks. It had the most amazing colors.
nealpar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope your injury isn't too serious and you get well soon.
E.
jp5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like they say..."shit happens". It is unfortunate but part of the deal.

Fortunately, buises heal..and so do perforated ear drums. Embarassed
sharkasm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: A Happy Ending? Reply with quote

Shocked

Last edited by sharkasm on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
theq

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rowena,
Wow, you guys sail without me for a couple of days and all hell breaks loose.
I'm glad that you're already on the mend. daBull could definitely lend a hand, and perhaps even his industrial duty Margarita mixer, to help with the process. You might have to wait until after Cinco de Mayo though, as it'll probably be working double-double duty.
Hmm....Cinco de Mayo... Who's partyin'?
tsokat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rowena. Sorry for your mishap, speedy rocovery to ya and get back on the water soon! Does BevMo deliver in your neck of the woods?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: