myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Crissy Field Parking - Us
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whine, whine, whine

i don't think i've ever had trouble parking @ crissy. last sunday was the worse i've seen it and i still found a place next to the restrooms. by the time i rigged there were empty spaces everywhere.

as soon as the wind gets up to sailable level most of the casual beach goers are blown out of there.

there might be an occasional out of town visitor that doesn't know the drill but generally the square with the restrooms looks almost like it's reserved for sailers.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitching whining complaining, these are things best left to do at home or work, NOT windsurfing, are you guys crazy.
aw gee, some doggy pee'd on my sail, awa shucks , someone parked on my rigging spot, bwa bwa bwa. gee whiz , theres a big RV in my personal rigging area........blah blah blah blah the age of entitlement has peaked........
Boggsman
see ya at crissy 2pm, DONT park in MY spot , on the grass , near the shower .
girsang

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not bitching, whining, or complaining. I was asking a question. And some people answered it. Thank you.

You people who wrote in without an answer; you're the ones who are bitching, whining, and complaining.
"Oh no, someone wrote something that I disagree with. Let me write a post that turns other people away from the forum so that it's just me and three other posters yelling at each other online."

You say just get out and windsurf, but you're trolling these forums writing useless comments all day. If you don't have anything to add, shut up.

Worst of all, you don't even read the post before spewing your BS. I never said I had trouble parking. I said sometimes there's not enough room to rig.

I'm not talking about the back 40. And I've never seen anyone park in the lawn with the showers. I was talking about the lawns west and east of the showers. And I've never NOT seen someone parked in the middle on that west lawn (which is why it's the first lawn to turn to rocks when the rain stops).

I didn't bring up dog poop or taking the corner spot because that is so obviously wrong there's nothing to discuss. I was asking a question and I got answers. Some of you don't understand that because you already know everything.

One last note. I don't know what it was like before they rebuilt Crissy. I started sailing there around 2003. I've seen photos and I vaguely remember going there as a non-sailor. So I would like to give a huge thank you to all the people who helped make it what it is today.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girsang.... i think the reason you got a lot of peanut gallery remarks , including mine, is because your main issue which started the forum, is a non-event.
Boggsman... see ya at crissy!
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girsang,

I totally understand what you're saying and agree wholeheartedly. I think the last thing I want to see on grassy rigging areas are cars leaking oil and dogs running free. Regarding dogs, one of the classics is the dog that howls and barks ceaselessly once its owner hits the water. But as evidenced from some of the posters, many just don't get the picture. Frankly, I'm amazed how thoughtless and careless some folks can be. Yet, as noted in isobars' post, problems like this show up almost everywhere.
Epenrose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1

All our tax dollars pay for maintaining Crissy. The parking lot, roads and grass areas were not designed to handle 25K lb. RV's.

The area was designated as an area for all beach users to enjoy. If the KOA crowd suddenly find that you can park and camp out and we get 4 or 5 huge vehicles in the parking area the next thing we lose 30 - 40 spaces that prevent a lot of people enjoying the space, especially those with children.

Personally I cannot be happier when I see families who probably aren't in a higher income bracket be able to spend the day in a gorgeous area. Seeing the children looking at the gear, talking to them, letting them stand on it probably makes their day.

If my whining, pigheaded nature allows one lower income family who live just over the hill to be able to drive down, park easily and enjoy the beach I have achieved my objective. Windsurfers and kiters make up maybe 20% of the park users, I hope the area is protected and kept open for everyone.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey girsang,

i often wondered the same thing. i generally prefer to park on pavement, as i know that parking on grass is probably not so good for it... i'd rather have to walk a little further to park on pavement and have good grass on which to rig, then continually park on the grass and eventually have to rig on dirt. however, when it's busy and i wanna park next to my friends, i sometimes end up on the grass. what's really weird is when there are signs telling people to stay off the grass (walking, dogs, rigging, etc...) for lawn restoration, and i see a whole bunch of cars parked on it Confused

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epinrose ... agree .Boggsman
cherrywood182

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez,
don't you guys have anything better to do than post all day about nothing. I know I don't but I didn't think I was in such good company. Anyhooo, don't get me started on the dog turds at Crissy...
Epenrose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capicella - dog turds, where are you, your favorite thing at Crissy!!!

You particularly enjoy the peeing on the sail and mutt running over your sail.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: