myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coyote FREE / VALIDATED parking at Boardsports Retail Shop
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windbetty

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Coyote FREE / VALIDATED parking at Boardsports Retail Shop Reply with quote

Hi All,

for any of you who don't know yet, we moved into the old ASD store at Coyote Point Park. We have a full retail shop with windsurf gear, kiteboarding gear, harnesses, wetsuits, accessories, hardware, and repair products. We also have a full demo / rental center so you can "try before you buy".

We offer free validated parking if you are coming to visit the shop only (versus using the park to go windsurfing/kiting). To get validated parking, simply tell the guard shack you are visiting our store. They will time stamp your parking fee receipt. Present your parking fee receipt to us, we validate it, and you get your money back on the way out (45 minutes time limit for free parking). If you want to stay longer than 45 minutes and you buy stuff, we will pay your parking fee if you spend $50 or more.

If you are a regular visitor to Coyote, we also will be selling the annual pass at our shop for $50 (discounted rate for windsurfers/kiters).

For a full list of brands we carry, visit our website:
http://www.boardsportsschool.com/gear.htm

Jane
Boardsports School & Shop
Alameda San Francisco San Mateo
gerritt

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! I wish I'd known about the discounted park pass. With the sandbags in and deals on parking, the lots should be getting full again on the weekends just like the old days! You go girls!
dbrock

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Good deal on annual parking pass? Reply with quote

I stepped into the Board Sports shop at Coyote after a decent session today looking to buy the 50 dollar discounted pass that I saw on the Board Sports message. The dude at the counter did not know what I was talking about and referred me to the park headquarters to get the pass at the regular $60 rate. I must assume that the owners did not tell the help about the deal that was advertised on the web, but I just wrote my check for $60 for the pass at the regular rate and I gotta say there is a very slight bad taste in my mouth.
Wind_Boarder

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psst. Another discounted park pass is a Coyote Point Museum membership. Good for one year and includes free entrance to the park!
kirk

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alakghosh wrote:
Psst. Another discounted park pass is a Coyote Point Museum membership. Good for one year and includes free entrance to the park!

I tried the museum membership years ago when my parents told me about it. The guards took one look at the boards on the roof of my truck and made me pay and told me to pay $60 for a windsurfing pass.

I still have two tickets to the Museum in my van that I plan to use someday....
Wind_Boarder

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk wrote:
I tried the museum membership years ago when my parents told me about it. The guards took one look at the boards on the roof of my truck and made me pay and told me to pay $60 for a windsurfing pass.

Kirk, I'm surprised! I have been using the Coyote museum pass for the last two years now and they have never given me any hassle. All my equipment is in my car mind you so I don't know if that makes a difference. Not allowing you in because you have windsurf boards on your car is discrimination and I would complain. The benefits of membership clearly states access to the park any time without any fine print that says "but not for windsurfing".

Alak.
gerritt

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you plan on visiting the museum every time you use the park, you are getting over and you know it. How much did you save? I hope it is worth looking over your shoulder every time you come to the park to windsurf. If I were a ranger, I would pull your museum pass and tell you to pay what you owe. How do you explain your left turn immediately past the Ranger shack when the museum is straight ahead? And people complain the Govenator is considering closing parks to balance the budget.
Epenrose

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with gerritt on this one.

If you can afford expensive gear what's a few dollars more to the park. There is a terrific kids facility I am sure it funds and certainly allows access to a lot of lower income families to use, would be terrible to see it cut.

One creep used to post that he was an instructor, this is before the new school, because he was too important (in his mind) to contribute to the park where he sailed, used the facilities, lovely.
Wind_Boarder

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't disagree with you guys but you have a free choice. I have already discussed this with the entrance rangers and they don't have a problem with it.

I know plenty of people who would not go because of the $5 fee. Call us all cheap. You are free to express that opinion as well.

I am only an occasional user of Coyote so I chose to save a bit of money but I did choose to make my contribution to the ramp fee. That is a worthy cause for all of us.

Alak.
windbetty

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on annual parking pass? Reply with quote

dbrock wrote:
I stepped into the Board Sports shop at Coyote after a decent session today looking to buy the 50 dollar discounted pass that I saw on the Board Sports message. The dude at the counter did not know what I was talking about and referred me to the park headquarters to get the pass at the regular $60 rate. I must assume that the owners did not tell the help about the deal that was advertised on the web, but I just wrote my check for $60 for the pass at the regular rate and I gotta say there is a very slight bad taste in my mouth.

To DBROCK,
sorry about the confusion...my motorcycle broke down Thursday so in a pinch, we had a new staff member working the shop who didn't know about the park pass. I am happy to offer you $10 off in the shop to make up for your bad experience. Thanks for thinking of us and come see us and we'll take care of you.

Jane
Boardsports School & Shop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: