myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
85 Liter B&J board
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GarryW

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you come to The Gorge stop by Gorge Surf Shop. They should have demos of both the Fanatic Free Wave and Tabou 3S. They might also have some 2007 demos for sale too. Give them a call.
johnl

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies. I've dug around and found a few decent prices on some 2007 JP's, but other than that, it's pretty much normal prices. I would love to find some 2007's (I really don't care about 2008 vs 2007 as long as it's new) in the bay area, but it isn't looking that way.

So my choices are mail order (not a big fan of that especially for boards) for a 2007 JP FSW Pro for $1398 to my door or buy a 2008 at a price near or at retail . I couldn't find any Fanatic FW's other than new ones.

As for the Goya, I think the 84's are gone since they aren't on the web anymore. As to the RealWind, that would be interesting, but they have 80's and 90's. They don't fit real well between a 95 and a 75liter board Sad

I sailed the 101 and 102 (two different years) FSW's in Margarita. I enjoyed it (although not quite as much as my Fanatic Hawk), but I did like the extra floatation in front of the mast (doing tacks really sinks the nose on my Hawk). But unfortuantely the wind didn't pick up enough for me to try the smaller boards.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROAD TRIP!

What's a Gorge trip cost ya ... $200 in gas? Hit the shops and a swap meet, overwhelm your brain with board choices, demo your top candidates, have a great time there, avoid sales taxes, and save WAY more than your $200.

Lessee ... that's win/win/win/win/win/win/win. Can ya beat that? Hell, buy two or three boards and sell one or two to chalk up an eighth win: a free trip.

\m/
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: 85 Liter B&J board Reply with quote

Note that many of these boards made in the last few years will have more usable "float" per liter than boards from 5-6 years ago. I replaced my Naish 8'5" (84 liters, 2001) with a Fanatic Freewave 77 (7'10ish, 77 liters 2008) and the Fanatic is the earlier planing board (and is comfortable with a slightly larger sail than the Naish.)

FYI

johnl wrote:
I was thinking about upgrading my 85 liter board this summer. I have a Naish SuperCross 84 (don't know the year, probably 5-6 years old). My criteria is 84 - 86 liters, good in B&J, with good early planing. If it fits a powerbox fin, so much the better. Also to fit in my car rack it has to be under 60 cm wide (58 ish would be best) and under 255 long.

I was looking at the Fanatic Freewave 86 and the JP Freestyle wave 84. Both cost new right about $1689. OUCH!! Shocked

I'm 175 pounds and would be sailing 4.2 to 5.2 conditions with it. Any opinons? First hand knowledge? And any better prices??? I'll be up in the Gorge in July, other than that I live in the SF bay area.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: