myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Leo sensor jacked up again!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billyptres

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: leo Reply with quote

Nealpar is right it sucks there people should realize it's always better at Cabrillo and up the coast. Save your petrol
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys looking for the virtual freeride? Really, the real stuff is about smoke and mirrors, and a bit of good luck. Frankly, I look for the signs and take chances. Life's often a bit of gamble.
theq

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Maybel-Leo, why can't you be true?
You started back doing those things you used to do.

(Chuck Berry, with minor mod.)
lizardhill

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/whine Reply with quote

Y'all want a little cheese with that whine?
jp5

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/whine Reply with quote

lizardhill wrote:
Y'all want a little cheese with that whine?

Yes, as a matter of fact I would. Very Happy
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trust that today offered some great sailing down at Leo. It sure cranked top flight at Bacara/Haskills today. A couple powerful 4.2 sessions real close to home is nirvana. With pricey gas these days, a kind of miracle come true.
laci

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stayed close to home also. Sailed Topanga on a 5.2 and 85l board. Swell was a little sloppy but constant, and no surfers out at all. Great ramps on the way back out. It was an intresting contrast to Leo yesterday. Is this the best early season in years or what.
dabull1

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: DAZED and CONFUSED Reply with quote

Epic is too mild a word to describe the late session at Leo today! As usual, I rolled in about 5:30 as the early shift were packing up and licking their wounds. Looked like the wind was settling down after going off all afternoon, so I rigged the ol'6.0 and the 110 Hybrid. As the last of the earlybirds were leaving, the wind kicked in a solid 20+ and the swells glassed off just a little inside to make for some interesting inbound wave hops and some fast down the lines. It was still going when I left at 8:15!!! Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!! The wind graph today for Leo could be confused with a summer Kanaha graph... amazing! Bull
dabull1

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of fact , Leo wind today was FAR better than Kanaha... I guess we'll have to celebrate with a margarita instead of a mai tai!!! Bull over
nealpar

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: DAZED and CONFUSED Reply with quote

Hey, glad you got off, dabull.

However, the word "EPIC" for LEO should not be thrown around lightly, and today was DEFINITELY NOT EPIC! It was terribly gusty and the waves were mostly a mish mash of peaks here and there. Very few good sets coming through. By contrast, I would call Monday closer to epic, with steady wind and mouth-wateringly beautiful sets rolling through the entire time. As for Kanaha, maybe you haven't been to Kanaha in March or late October.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: