myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Leo sensor jacked up again!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theq

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
Q man -
I hoisted a 5.5 and it was bitchen.

When I got home I hoisted 4 glasses of cold crisp gallo chardonnay.

<JP>

When you and I are using the same size sail, and you're comfortable with it, generally I'm going to be in trouble. And I was. As a result, a long dormant shoulder injury, has reared it's ugly head. Of course some dumbell work last night (Not R.E. sbard) helped aggravate what was already a painful condition. The next few days off should help. Perhaps even some extra "hoists" of Colorado Kool-Aid will be in order.
nealpar

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
[What Steven quoted was not psycho-babble but just a basic rule of happiness. It's your choice, you can choose to call it epic and be happy about it, or you can choose to say it sucked and be miserable.

ASSUME, and you make and ASS out of U & ME, but mostly U! Both you and SBard rushed to assumptions entirely unjustified.

Thus, when I said, "it's not epic for me, because in my book, Monday was epic", you people ASSUMED I meant: "I'm not happy". HITF? (how in the fuck?)

All I can say that it's not easy to communicate with people who overindulge in anti-depressants, alcohol and delusions of grandeur.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the focus and interesting thought on "attitude" playing an important role in our lives, I thought I might add just one more piece of my puzzle on Wednesday. After nearly making the wrong rigging choice and then going through the hassle of grabbing smaller equipment, my first session was absolutely stunning on the quality scale. Eased right out through the crunchy beachbreak like it wasn't there, and everything was totally perfect.

During my break, I had a beer and was really enjoying my good fortune. After relaxing for a while, I decided that I just had to have a second session, since the conditions were still cranking huge and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I backed out early and didn't capitalize on such awesome conditions.

However, in this subsequent effort, my luck getting out through the surf seemed to have abandoned me. At Haskills Beach, the wind Wednesday was heavily onshore, and the rip down the beach was quite strong, especially with an incoming tide sprinkled with tons of kelp moving along adding to the turmoil. I repeatedly struggled on attempt after attempt to get out, and after every failure I had to trudge my way back up the beach to try again. This went on for probably a good 20 minutes. Needless to say, I was getting a bit frustrated, and I kept thinking that maybe I should just call it quits. But my tenacity and steely determination keep bringing me back for another attempt. When I was getting to the end of my rope with the scene, I suddenly broke free, and finally edged out. Believe me, the second session was just as fantasic as the initial one, and to think, I almost gave up.

So mixed up with the "epic" best, Wedenesday's scene also included a bit of toil and frustration. All in all, its amazing how the good stuff mitigates and often erases the bad parts. Also, "attitude" is often much more than having good or bad outlook on the situation, because things usually aren't so simple.
jp5

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nealpar wrote:
jpbassking wrote:
[What Steven quoted was not psycho-babble but just a basic rule of happiness. It's your choice, you can choose to call it epic and be happy about it, or you can choose to say it sucked and be miserable.

ASSUME, and you make and ASS out of U & ME, but mostly U! Both you and SBard rushed to assumptions entirely unjustified.

Thus, when I said, "it's not epic for me, because in my book, Monday was epic", you people ASSUMED I meant: "I'm not happy". HITF? (how in the fuck?)

All I can say that it's not easy to communicate with people who overindulge in anti-depressants, alcohol and delusions of grandeur.

Ok, I will tell you HITF. On Wednesday I said to you as I came out of the water "I wish it was like this all the time", you said "You must not know good conditions, the wind is terrible". That my little schniztengruben is how I ASSUMED you were not happy.
sharkasm

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Last edited by sharkasm on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
laci

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only speak for myself but I find that my addiction to windsurfing (and it exhibits all the classic symptoms of addiction) is maybe the most rewarding part of my life. Without belittling all the other wonderful things in my world, my family and kids, my art collection, even my dog; nevertheless I find I get more of a rush from a good windsurf go out then I do from just about anything else. With that in mind I have to say this spring in general and the last week in particular were exhilirating. Between last Saturday then Monday and Wednesday and Thursday I got to sail at two great spots (Secos and Topanga) when each was going off; I sailed on three different boards, from 85l to 99l to 155l longboard, I used sails from 5.2 to 6.9 and I had a fun time on all of them. If I had to choose then yes, no doubt Monday at Leo was the best, most "epic" day. Riding my longboard on those big sets was way fun. Wednesday the swell at Topanga was not nearly as good but the jumps on my small board were awsome. I am stoked that we have been getting so many opportunities to have fun. Plus I enjoy the camaraderie of my windsurf buddies while having a post session brew at the top of the stairs. What's not to like?
dudco

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laci, I could not agree with you more! We are so lucky to particapate in a sport that brings so much stoke into our lives, and to do it in our own back yards. All of us who sail in these places with these kinds of conditions have worked our asses off to reach this place. Lets enjoy the wonderful ride and quit bitching at each other. These are the best times of our lives, enjoy the stoke!!
capetonian

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: MISSING BOOM BRA OR BRO/MANSIER FOUND AT LEO Reply with quote

mkrasnoff wrote:
Any of you boys leave your mansier at the beach yesterday?
That would be a boom bra for all you non-Seinfield watching folks.
Thanks to Rob D for fondling it, I mean finding it.

It's a black strapless model.
By my uncalibrated hand calculations, I'd say it's a D-cup Smile

You can PM me if you want to claim it and your fetish will be kept completely confidential.
Will return it in a plain brown paper bag so it's discrete. Very Happy
In the mean time, I may experiment a bit Embarassed Razz

Mitch

Laughing
dabull1

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: LIGHTEN UP!!! Reply with quote

Herr JP sagt "my little schnitzengruben" zum NP... sehr gute mein freund!!!All this concentrated attitude in this thread is really giving me a headache! You guys should be singing cumbaya and offering each other smores 'round the campfire while telling tales of brave Ulysses after all the wind and waves the last few days!!! I'm with JP, I dig watching the wave crew bash it up when it's really good, and I'll just stay out of the way groovin' on my nine[ Theq, service!]til the break empties out so I can play for awhile. Now about those four chardonnays... With an imbicilic grin on his face and a B+F'rs song in his heart... Bull
theq

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: LIGHTEN UP!!! Reply with quote

dabull1 wrote:
All this concentrated attitude in this thread is really giving me a headache! You guys should be singing cumbaya and offering each other smores 'round the campfire while telling tales of brave Ulysses after all the wind and waves the last few days!!! ... Bull

Where the heck were you? There were a lot of extra smores, and a plethora of bores, around the ring of fire, not to mention, plenty of fahrvergnugen.

My name is TheQ, and I'm a windaholic.

"One gust at a time."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: