myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 424, 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Embassy Suites Reply with quote

It was like a blast from the past as I've not sailed Embassy in 3 years. 4.7/80L at 1 pm. Sailed primarily between the airport and the dredge barge (what are they doing out there?). The wind and improved chop above the airport, towards Oyster, was where it was at. Sadly, like many spots, fewer people are sailing here.
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Coyote Reply with quote

Steady day at Coyote: rigged the 5.0 Firelight and stayed out overpowered to powered until around 5 pm. Not such a great day: no swell and lots of confused chop even outside. Got better, no swell but at least little chop, later in the day. Left at 6:30 with the wind that came back blowing strong. Not too many people early on but a sizable bunch later in the afternoon.
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

A dozen folk out at Natural Bridges today. Wind was fairly strong to start and then got up and down. Range of sails somewhere around 4.2 to 6.5.
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: 3rd Ave War and Peace Reply with quote

The war ended and peace came upon 3rd Ave yesterday evening. Beginning at 6 pm, a handful of survivors enjoyed steady 5.0 wind and a nice ebb. The celebration of new good times lasted until sunset! Right on!
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday at Pt. Isabel...foggy and raw when I went out. Patches of sun appeared on the horizon by Brooks island and it became one of those classic Isabel days...liquid silver and powered up fun. Woof!
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Bodega, Sat. June 15 / Sun. June 16 Reply with quote

First time on the water post-injury, four weeks and a day. It felt pretty good.

Saturday was a surprise, probably the strongest wind in the region. I rigged 5.3 for what at first looked like unusually steady conditions, then by the time I got my wetsuit on and onto the water it was gusting 35 MPH, with some of the craziest chop that I have seen near the launch. These conditions would have defeated me even if I was not being cautious about re-injury.

Nonetheless, the limited amount of actual sailing (as compared to botched waterstarts) that I managed, was worthwhile. I used a harness, stripped of hardware and worn up high, as body armor and brace over the injured rib area. It gave good comfort and confidence.

The water felt strangely warm, so after putting my gear up to dry, I got back into the water and did some backstroke swimming in the crazy chop and tangled rafts of detached eel grass.

Sunday brought less wind, but also much more tractable chop. Too much wind at 5.7 for post-injury confidence, rigged down to 5.3: OK for brief while, then not enough wind to waterstart. Right side injury had me uncharacteristically sailing better on port tack than on starboard.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Crissy, Mon. June 17 Reply with quote

Crissy with a 5.0 in the flood with the wind kind of weak ... not the greatest time ever but it was still fun to go round and pass the only couple of kites out barely moving and sort of drifting downwind. Twisted Evil
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley Tues...the bay's new high wind center! Averaged 26-28 from noon on. Its 5:00 and it's as windy as its been all day. Two woofs. Yesterday was lighter but sweet nonetheless.
ctuna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: anybody notice that the pages go to 427 but the posts go to Reply with quote

anybody notice that the pages go to 427 but the posts go to
425 perhaps its time to start this thread again at page 1.
Software guys need to look at this.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 424, 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 425 of 427

Jump to: