myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
HELP WINDSURFERS IN THE GORGE - LOST BOARD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MsBea

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: HELP WINDSURFERS IN THE GORGE - LOST BOARD Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

My name is Bea and I work for Big Winds. I lost my board today at Rufus. I am really small and was stupid to have even gone out. It is a 5'3" North Pacific Kitesurf Board. Art shaped a beautiful custom board for me and I lost it to the crazy current that is out there. I watched a barge sit stationary for 20 minutes because of the current. If any of you happened to pick it up, there is a HUGE reward for it.

Hope to hear from you. Thank you in advance for your help and time.

Bea
WMP

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could help, Bea.... was sailing downstream from you yesterday, shooting the rapids at Wall #5. Going along when I hit some wicked chop & wicked gusts, suddenly and unexpectedly my chinook universal broke on the Oregon side. The swim back wasn't too bad, however I had to let go of the rig... yep, managed to take off the boom and save that, but my beloved 15 year old 3.7 Northwave Trilite sail and mast were lost and are now at the bottom of the river (may it RIP).

Sorry I couldn't help.... hope you find your board. No telling where it might have washed to shore, what side of the river did you lose it?
srich

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about your loss Ms Bea. We got an email from the rangers office here at The Dalles Dam to keep an eye out for it. I'm assuming it was the black one. Unfortunately very few make it here to the dam. I only remember a couple in the last 15 years. All the twists and turns the river makes they must hang up somewhere. I'll take a final look before I leave today for the weekend.
anthwind

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to post to NW-Windtalk, pdxwindsurfer or gorgewindsurfer on yahoo groups. A lot more people would get the message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: