myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where are we windsurfing on monday??????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtur13

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Where are we windsurfing on monday?????? Reply with quote

The wind looks great and I am thinking where to windsurf around Boston tomorrow. So far I plan to hit Pleasure Bay but I am afraid that the wind will not be great there like always unfortunately. Does anyone have any ideas for tomorrow, Thanks that would be great.

...Directions would be great if anyone has any.
gtur13

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does no one have any ideas common!
ron.c

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looks like a clsassic for today. Quarter of 8 on the outer cape and it is already sailable.

Kalmus or West Dennis are could be good this morning as they are mostly unaffected by low tide.

I'm in a quandry - jump in the car and go to Hyannis or wait till after lunch for water water to come into CC bay.

RC
alex177

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Kalmus and PB are already pretty much sailable. I'm also in indecision. Kalmus is great, but it's 80 miles away when PB is just around the corner.

BTW, are the summer restrictions already in force for PB? And how much is the parking this year at Kalmus?

If PB is still open I'll probably go there around 1pm.

Regards,
A.
bonedog1

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: sites windsurfing mon Reply with quote

Hey Little Harbor in Wareham MA great place to sail on S.E. or S.W. loike it supposed to be today
exit 1 off 495 at 3 rd traffic light take right "follow your nose" till see stockton shrt cut ln follow to Little harbor golf course beech is at end
speedysailor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be the secret beach for me. The last couple of weeks have been pretty good here. The boaters and sun-bathers are out now, though. Anyone know when they start checking the beach stickers in Barnstable?
kogan wrote:

BTW, are the summer restrictions already in force for PB? And how much is the parking this year at Kalmus?

If PB is still open I'll probably go there around 1pm.

Regards,
A.
Pleasant or Pleasure Bay? Please, make the distinction.
gtur13

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Pleasure Bay Reply with quote

I think I will be hitting Pleasure Bay even though I,m sure it will not be perfect down there. The summer restrictions have not been set yet and they start in june so its all good. Guys thanks for all the help but I'm not taking a trip down to the Cape for example.
alex177

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Pleasure Bay Reply with quote

xxtheruskyxx wrote:
I think I will be hitting Pleasure Bay even though I,m sure it will not be perfect down there. The summer restrictions have not been set yet and they start in june so its all good. Guys thanks for all the help but I'm not taking a trip down to the Cape for example.

Well, me too, unfortunately. Time restrictions, family business, you name it. But saving on gas.

for Xx..xx: what time are you gonna be there? If around noon, ask for Alex/Sasha.

Regards,
A
Gerda

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Barnstable Beach parking fees are in effect Reply with quote

Barnstable Beach parking fees are in effect - they were collecting at Kalmus starting Saturday at 9 AM when we went to view the FIGAWI race and again today ( Monday ).

Wind today SW and in the lower to mid 20's.

HBR
ron.c

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gas, time on the road and parking fees overruled by desire for a good day at Kamus.

I had blistering 5.0 conditions in my "backyard". Even though it was very good, I wouldn't expect anybody to drive further than they have to.

I'm not counting out Kalmus for the summer just yet.

Bruce (HBR), you and your wife, save up your gas money. I'll let you (all)know when the conditions favor my neck of the woods.

RC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: