myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coyote Point Construction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Coyote Point Construction Reply with quote

Is the detour still there or can we now drive there like we did before we were sent far to the North?

How is traffic now?

Thanks
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelling north on 101 you can exit on Dore or Anza. Peninsula Ave. no longer connects.
Travelling south on 101 you can exit on Broadway. Again, Peninsula Ave. doesn't connect at this time.

Epenrose

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peninsula is not scheduled to be completed till October 2009.
kirk

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Getting to Coyote Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the info.

Now all we need is enough wind to make it worth the drive!
dougclark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Peninsula Avenue Reply with quote

Going North on 101, <Peninsula Avenue no longer connects> ?? It never did, thats why we always exited at Dore. In fact I can't figure out what they are doing here other than wasting our money. You still have to exit at Dore, but now they built this huge upramp so you have to drive to the level of the overpass and then back down again go get to the park entrance. They may plan on adding an exit on N 101 to get into Peninsula/Coyote directly but it was no big deal to use the old Dore exit, so really nothing has changed other than eliminating the three-way stop intersection which was never a problem. Will they make an exit at Peninsula for southbound 101? Doesn't look like it yet. The whole mess looks like a boondoggle. Wish they would spend the same money repaving the mess they call 101.
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Peninsula Avenue Reply with quote

dougclark wrote:
Going North on 101, <Peninsula Avenue no longer connects> ?? It never did, thats why we always exited at Dore.

Perhaps you weren't aware that the Peninsula Ave. exit was an alternate access to Coyote Pt. (for as long as I can remember) Wink

Peninsula_Ave_exit.gif
 Description:
Former Peninsula Ave. access to N Bayshore Blvd. and Coyote Point Dr.
 Filesize:  39.79 KB
 Viewed:  14067 Time(s)

Peninsula_Ave_exit.gif

carl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Peninsula Avenue Reply with quote

dougclark wrote:
Going North on 101, <Peninsula Avenue no longer connects> ?? It never did, thats why we always exited at Dore. In fact I can't figure out what they are doing here other than wasting our money. You still have to exit at Dore, but now they built this huge upramp so you have to drive to the level of the overpass and then back down again go get to the park entrance. They may plan on adding an exit on N 101 to get into Peninsula/Coyote directly but it was no big deal to use the old Dore exit, so really nothing has changed other than eliminating the three-way stop intersection which was never a problem. Will they make an exit at Peninsula for southbound 101? Doesn't look like it yet. The whole mess looks like a boondoggle. Wish they would spend the same money repaving the mess they call 101.

It looks like they are adding 2 lanes to the Peninsula Ave bridge or even making a new bridge (they are also adding 2 lanes to HWY 101 so maybe the old bridge needs to be removed). They will probably add a northbound connector to the new bridge using the new upramp. A southbound 101 ramp would be nice, but it doesn't look like it since there's no hole in the new soundwall on that side of the freeway at Peninsula.
Epenrose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with you Doug, pity they don't fix 101 first.

The ramp does look terrible. They are building a new bridge across 101. Top access Coyote use Dore Exit coming North and Broadway Burlingame heading south.

Returning you can access 101 North at Anza, for South you have to drive all the way to third now.

101 N access at Coyote will not be open till late 2009 and I guess the new bridge this time next year. There will not be a south bound exit at Peninsula, a real pain.

I think Anza and embassy is the closest and easiest. Free and the rigging lawn in the bay. Nice hose to wash off yourself and gear, restroom facility. A bar within walking distance with a Happy Hour - Kincaids. Just walk across the small wood bridge. Doesn't get much better!
rigatoni

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug-just be careful if you sail Embassy. There is a large ham footed English guy on Gaastra sails who kept watching me get out of my wetsuit last time I was there. Not sure if he is still around.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward,

How many people sail Embassy? I've checked it out a few times, but I've never actually seen anybody sail there, and the entry point into the water looks like kind of a nightmare. Do you need booties to get in and out? I suppose it's like any place... once you get it figured out it's no big deal, but my bare feet cringe when I see the launch.

Nice rigging area for sure... I didn't see the shower... only the fish-cleaning station... I'm hoping they're not one and the same Laughing

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: