myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
TWO STEPS BACK HERE IN LA - TIMES ARE TOUGH!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pthorner

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
Epenrose wrote:
dabull1

What type if immigrant, please be specific.

I think he means the kind that steals, paints graffiti on everything, belongs to a gang, kills other gang members over turf, and leaves trash everywhere. For some reason these typically hail from latin american countries.

If you are not one of these then don't worry about it.

...because some of us (but clearly not all of us) believe in judging people based on character and actions instead of the color of their skin. If dabull meant gang bangers, then that a term he could have used (setting aside the fact that it wouldn't have stirred up the s**t as intended) instead of a code word for hispanics. I know hispanics who are both legal and illegal immigrants and they are very honest and very hard working. When I moved, I hired a guy who probably makes $250/week. He found a gold coin that fell behind a dresser. He knew that I had no idea it was back there and he could have pocketed it. He came out front and gave it to me instead. There are liars, cheaters and thieves in every demographic. It just happens that a lot of them in the white population have better opportunities to take your stuff while wearing a white collar instead of a blue one (although there are probably a fair share of meth heads as well). You can kick out all the people who you think are too brown or speak funny languages and I bet you will still be getting ripped off one way or another. I' d gladly trade my catalytic converter for the return of my money invested in Enron and an exemption from my share of the Iraq war debt.

Peter
theq

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll have to buy that "Cat-Jack" that the dealer tried to sell me. Or was he trying to sell me a "Cat-a-jack"? I just can't understand some dialects. Hmmm..

I may start bringing a pile of dog crap with me so that I can smear it all over the ground under my car, right where the thieves would by lying down. At least he'd have the kind of ride home that he'd deserve and would be easy to identify once caught.

All kidding aside, it is disturbing. Especially since I have one of those higher off the ground 4X4's. I guess somoene's going to inventing bolts for the converters that are like the lug-nut locks for wheels. It's a big game of cat and mouse, isn't it?
theq

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pthorner wrote:

.....and I bet you will still be getting ripped off one way or another. I' d gladly trade my catalytic converter for the return of my money invested in Enron and an exemption from my share of the Iraq war debt.

Peter

Good points. White collar crime is not a crime in the eyes of some people, despite the fact that the amount lost is not even in the same league.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pthorner wrote:
I' d gladly trade my catalytic converter for ... an exemption from my share of the Iraq war debt.

Then we balance one another.
I'd gladly contribute MORE to it, if that's what it takes to keep terrorism and our war against it on their turf (Iraq was the only nation I can think of which in 2002 was an avowed state sponsor of global terrorism). Such a deal, that others give their lives and careers to protect those who merely reap the benefit.

\m/
nealpar

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theq wrote:

I may start bringing a pile of dog crap with me so that I can smear it all over the ground under my car, right where the thieves would by lying down. At least he'd have the kind of ride home that he'd deserve and would be easy to identify once caught.

Laughing
Let me know if you need any extra...Between my 95 lb. German Shepherd and my 60 lb. Belgian Malinois, I could collect you bags full in just a few days. Got a cooler I can store it in? Cool
isobars

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkrasnoff wrote:
I don't equate gang members with immigrants.

Then Google MS 13.

\m/
jp5

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With your luck Q-man you'd step in it and track it into your car before anybody would lay in it. Laughing Laughing Laughing
mac

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprises, the bigots that frequent this site just "know" it was an illegal immigrant. Not, perhaps, the offspring of some legal immigrants that were brought over by force? You do remember slavery? How about solutions? If we passed a law making it illegal to fence stolen material, whether a catalytic converter or pipes stolen from highway fixtures or the inside of houses, we might get somewhere at the demand side of the curve. But then we might have to acknowledge that there is some legitimate role for government. Hmmm.
pthorner

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
mkrasnoff wrote:
I don't equate gang members with immigrants.

Then Google MS 13.

\m/

Oh, I get it. There is a gang comprised of immigrants so immigrants are gangsters. But wait... I just googled skinheads. Skinheads are a gang of white guys and I am a white guy, so I am a skinhead and I didn't even know it... so are some of you I guess...

isobars wrote:
pthorner wrote:
I' d gladly trade my catalytic converter for ... an exemption from my share of the Iraq war debt.

Then we balance one another.
I'd gladly contribute MORE to it, if that's what it takes to keep terrorism and our war against it on their turf (Iraq was the only nation I can think of which in 2002 was an avowed state sponsor of global terrorism). Such a deal, that others give their lives and careers to protect those who merely reap the benefit.

\m/

Without going into why I think we are not safer, I can say that I'm anti Iraq war and anti terror... I just don't think the lives or dollars were well spent in that effort. Coming on the heels of Memorial Day, I can assure you that I agree that we owe those who serve and the families they leave behind whether they belong there or not. I wish the war never happened. and I had my money back. Given where we are, I do agree with spending money on the body armor, uparmoring, medical care and benefits.

\P/
jp5

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
But then we might have to acknowledge that there is some legitimate role for government. Hmmm.

Of course there is a legitimate role for government, no one is debating that. Without a governing body and rule of law people would do what ever the hell they wanted to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: