myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
TWO STEPS BACK HERE IN LA - TIMES ARE TOUGH!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharkasm

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: TWO STEPS BACK HERE IN LA - TIMES ARE TOUGH! Reply with quote

Sad

Last edited by sharkasm on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
dabull1

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: HERE WE GO AGAIN Reply with quote

Gee, I didn't know our wonderful" immigrant " population were into surfing! As a kid I thought it would be cool to live in a Third World country...I always thought I'd have to move to fulfill my fantasy. Oh, did I say something non-pc or stereotypical of an angry, middle-aged white male? Well excuse me! Bull
letwink

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be funny to catch the thier under the car and "innocently" run over the fu&*er.
sharkasm

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: HERE WE GO AGAIN Reply with quote

Shocked

Last edited by sharkasm on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
jp5

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You wonder where along the chain of their life did they lose their morality and respect for life in general. "

Maybe they never had it to begin with.

I know who you are talking about, she was parked 4 or 5 vehicles up PCH from me. When I heard her start her truck it sounded like a V8 with glass packs. I had no idea someone stole her cat.

Thefts on PCH are nothing new, I spoke to a Sheriff's sargent about it while he was there writing a report of another breakin a couple of years ago. He said most likely that it was the work of Oxnard gang members. As far as I know, these guys aren't middle aged white males.
sharkasm

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Last edited by sharkasm on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
jp5

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkrasnoff wrote:

Maybe they never had it to begin with.
I find that hard to believe. Maybe I'm naive.

Yep, probably so.

mkrasnoff wrote:

I don't equate gang members with immigrants. Being that 6 out of the 8 grandparents between my wife and myself are immigrants, I find the terminology misused in this context.

Mine did too, legally.
theq

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of possibilities:
1.) The guy needed he catalytic for his car so that he could pass the smog test. Not very likely.
2.) The guy wanted it for the scrap value. With platinum at $2100+ per ounce (Down a bit today), palladium at $440, and rhodium at $9,000 per ounce (Yes, that's $9,000), scrap may be worth over $100. I'm just guessing here. I'm afraid to think what will happen when my car needs a new catalytic. How much are they new today? Probably the cost of a new Ezzy Wave SE or so.
allen

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalytic converter theft is rampant in El Segundo as the police send notices to the local companies warning them of the problem. Toyotas seem to be the main target.
Epenrose

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabull1

What type if immigrant, please be specific.

I am an immigrant, came with nothing, started a company, employ 15 people, pay my tax but skin is white/olive, do I count as your "immigrant".

Or are you just selecting by skin color. Be nice to get the bigotry formula down so I am completely in touch when next in S.CA.

Also, there are 1m ex pat Canadians in S.CA, they are pretty white, about 98%, do they count, and I forgot the Asians.

I'd think you'd have a pretty good leg to stand on if you are native American, otherwise aren't you an immigrant to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: