myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The smallest things...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step back there with your heel at the opening of the strap and your toes on top of the front where the strap screws down to the board. Right away or whenever you get stable after the turn you can lift your toes up and rotate right into the strap while standing on your heel.
Bayside

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neil 2mm Superfreak - best booties by far that I've tried.
MikeUzi

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who doesn't like booty? Use the Flintstones brake method to wear them down a little. While riding in a car at 5-10 mph, just drag your feet on the cement for a few seconds and they will be as good as old.
tomg

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another vote for ProLimit. They have strap across the ankle.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeUzi wrote:
Who doesn't like booty? Use the Flintstones brake method to wear them down a little. While riding in a car at 5-10 mph, just drag your feet on the cement for a few seconds and they will be as good as old.

Dude .....I want some of your medicine.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
nealpar

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

victor wrote:
i have a pair of prolimit booties that have smooth sides. unfortunately the soles are also smooth.

Pro limit sucks. The product may look good, but the quality is shit.

I have a Pro-Limit wetsuit. BY FAR THE WORST WETSUIT I EVER BOUGHT IN MY 15 YEARS OF WINDSURFING!!! Started falling apart at the seams in month 6. My Neil Pryde wetsuit can last me 3+ years. Yes, the Pro-Limit was cheaper, so I guess I got what I paid for. Or did I?
gerritt

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nealpar - O'Neil. The first and best wetsuits out there. Here's a tip for all the windsurfers out there. Get the surf suit. Unless you sail in Alaska, you don't need smoothskin all over your suit. It breaks down in UV so much faster than the double sided stuff, that it is not worth the extra expense. It also weighs more. Surf suit - costs less, lasts longer, weighs less, just a hair less warm than smooth skin and a lot warmer than cracked broken down smooth skin.

Booties - SUCK!. Period. They are like putting on a rubber for sex. If I have to, I will. Its better than no sex at all, but man what a loss of sensation. I need the unhindered connection to my board to know what I'm doin' without lookin' Otherwise my feet miss the hole -- in the footstrap. Now if I'm launching and landing over sharp rocks, needles, or glass, I'll wrap up my package - uh...feet - to get started. But first chance I get, the booties are coming off! Just take some bungie along, or wrap the bootes inside your mast pad. Sail for two minutes - uh...hours - of pure unsafe bliss and then put the booties back on for your landing.

PSA - the sponsers of this website in no way endorse the views,advice, innuendo, or misogynistic overtones of this writer.
nealpar

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerritt wrote:
nealpar - O'Neil. The first and best wetsuits out there. .

For me O'Neils tend to choke too much. Maybe the men's suits are better made, but all the women's models I've tried on in surf shops are uncomfortable as hell around the neck. Sorry, O'Neil designers, but I'm not into auto-erotic asphyxiation, no matter how orgasmic the waves are!
theq

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the O'Neill Freaksocks. For comfort the 2mm tropics models are excellent for me, however the protection afforded, and the traction provided by the soles, are not as good as the others. I also found that the new models of the 3mm booties don't fit as comfortably, too much room on the inside. I have even developed a little "black toe" from them it seems. That said, I have worn O'Neill products for many years. They fit great. My last wetsuit is/was (it's on its last legs), a Body Glove. It too fits great but it hasn't lasted as well as my O'Neills. The problem I had with the new O'Neills was getting them on and off, at least with their "Zen Zip" models. You need to loosen up for 10 minutes, and be able to perform a full lotus of the arms (?) in order to get in.

And now a word from our sponsor:

Like the world famous, and very rare vintage poster says, "It's Always Summer on the Inside".

I'm sure that jpbassking remembers this one, as he's an Old surfer like me. I found this poster while working in a surf shop in the mid-seventies while "straightening up" the poster storage. I snagged it. Later I was told by the shop owner, who's very close with Pat O'Neill, that the negative, or the "plate" for the print was destroyed in a warehouse fire. That's why you'll see very few of these out there.
The four-legger in the picture is the real "Q". His name is Quigley. Yes, he fancies himself on a par with the Quigley from down under. Selleck should be so lucky.
I think I'll start a thread where we post dog pictures. I know that nealpar's fond of a couple of big puppies. Speaking of big puppies, here's the poster. Actually, not big, just natural, shapely, and nice to admire from afar.

Warning: Contains tasteful depiction of female anatomy.

oneill_6.jpg
 Description:
It's always summer on the inside.
 Filesize:  30.87 KB
 Viewed:  10604 Time(s)

oneill_6.jpg

carl

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerritt wrote:
nealpar - O'Neil. The first and best wetsuits out there. Here's a tip for all the windsurfers out there. Get the surf suit. Unless you sail in Alaska, you don't need smoothskin all over your suit. It breaks down in UV so much faster than the double sided stuff, that it is not worth the extra expense. It also weighs more. Surf suit - costs less, lasts longer, weighs less, just a hair less warm than smooth skin and a lot warmer than cracked broken down smooth skin.

Booties - SUCK!. Period. They are like putting on a rubber for sex. If I have to, I will. Its better than no sex at all, but man what a loss of sensation. I need the unhindered connection to my board to know what I'm doin' without lookin' Otherwise my feet miss the hole -- in the footstrap. Now if I'm launching and landing over sharp rocks, needles, or glass, I'll wrap up my package - uh...feet - to get started. But first chance I get, the booties are coming off! Just take some bungie along, or wrap the bootes inside your mast pad. Sail for two minutes - uh...hours - of pure unsafe bliss and then put the booties back on for your landing.

PSA - the sponsers of this website in no way endorse the views,advice, innuendo, or misogynistic overtones of this writer.

LOL
That's funny, I can't sail without booties, even in Maui. But I've always
worn them since day one, so it must depend on what you're used to.

O'Neill booties are the best for me but their wetsuits are too tight in the
forearms (again for me, everybody's different). Smoothskin is much warmer if you sail in colder weather (I sail year-round). I seem to get about 2 years (~80-90 days/year) from North wetsuits. Yea, they start to crack at about 1.5 years but they're fine for the summer at that point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: