myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
6/1 The GGB
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: 6/1 The GGB Reply with quote

Im sure some of the tradesmen of the sport have had better, but y'day outside of the 'Gate was about as much fun as a grown man can have with his clothes on.

Boggsman
Epenrose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a lot of fun outside the gate, perfect day. Nice rolling swell. Wind and timing on the ebb couldn't have been better.

Enjoyed seeing the kiter outside the gate oblivious to the sail boat, made the sail boat drop his sail and hit reverse. The kites blocking access by the rest room area, couldn't move their kites 20 feet so everyone could pass. The kiter who wouldn't move his vehicle on the main lawn and blocked a whole bunch of cars. Anyone notice a theme!
rigatoni

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me about it Edward. It was really the only downer to a great day. Head's up since the Kiteboarding Nationals are rolling into town next week followed by the Worlds in a month. I am hoping that people are a little bit more considerate. Why those two guys couldn't move their cars even when asked was beyond comprehension. Anthony is usually pretty cool but I have never seen the other guy.
jse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed a girl kiter came in downwind, her kite in the zone over the beach. A bunch of kids were running around under it, trying to jump up and touch it. Disaster waiting to happen. Some guy ran down from the kiter launch and landed it for her.

Steve
kevinkan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weird... i thought outside the gate on Sunday was just OK. swell was large, and wind was strong, but everything seemed to be coming in at a weird angle and the faces were bumpy. i guess i'm spoiled. i spent the whole time out there waiting for everything to clean up, and it never did. maybe i just got out there too early or too late? or maybe i just wanted it to be as epic as April 5, 2008.

Funny to see how different people have good/bad experiences on the same day. I had a blast at Sherman on Saturday, and one of my buds who was sailing w/ me was complaining about the chop :-/

And I sailed Haskins about a month ago and had the best time, and everybody was telling me how terrible it was.

Funny how that happens.

While hanging out in the van, we saw a loose kite tumbling downwind headed for StFYC. Luckily it was in the water, or else it would've taken out many people on the beach.

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
tazdog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epenrose wrote:
Was a lot of fun outside the gate, perfect day. Nice rolling swell. Wind and timing on the ebb couldn't have been better.

Enjoyed seeing the kiter outside the gate oblivious to the sail boat, made the sail boat drop his sail and hit reverse. The kites blocking access by the rest room area, couldn't move their kites 20 feet so everyone could pass. The kiter who wouldn't move his vehicle on the main lawn and blocked a whole bunch of cars. Anyone notice a theme!

You should post this on the kite board - they need to know.

Friday, although not great sailing, was also a giant kitemare inside Anita. I guess it's very important that everybody on shore sees their cool tricks (they are cool tricks - I will give them that), but some of us are just trying come home without being killed. They need to look before they leap 20 yrds downwind or jibe suddenly.
spanker_jeep

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, kiters cannot read.
I watched as one landed his kite right in the middle of the beach. I thought at crissy you had to down a kite by the old east pipe lagoon entrance.

Sorry I missed sailing outside the bay. Hoping my ankle heals soon. Thing is taking forever.
Epenrose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the actions of the moron (and thats being polite) outside the gate there isn't much hope.

Pretty incredible to see someone so blissfully unaware of a 35 foot sailboat, fortunately for this idiot the sailor was skilled and managed not to just mow him down.

Amazing how you can have 20 windsurfers outside the gate and never did anyone seem to get in anyone's way, nothing but good humor and a few yells of delight. One dope on a rope and the first he does is nearly cause a collision with a sailboat in the first three minutes.
rigatoni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone feels like posting on Ikitesurf, please be my guest especially with these upcoming events but I am not doing it. All it does is usually bring me a lot of grief. I guess I am not cool enough to hang on that forum?
Epenrose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, I'd wait for the Folsom Street fair to purchase a pair of short to go over your wet suit, then:

Take some illiteracy classes, park so you use at least 4 spaces for 1 vehicle, make sure to purchase a kite, terrorize other beach users, particularly retired folks and young children , get rescued 190 per season by the USCG and then Chris I believe you will be really COOL.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: