myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
thanks for the 'rescue'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H2OJoe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the thanks, Rolfe. Things can get out of control out there pretty quickly and it happens to all of us at one time or another. We try to make it a point to always look out for the other guy/gal and it doesn't matter whether you're a windsurfer or kiteboarder. We're all wind brothers and sisters. Sean Hunter (the kiteboarder and used to be windsurfer), I'm sure feels the same way. Stop by Big Winds sometime (I'm the shipping manager) or Windance (where Sean works) and we'll share a cold brew with you. Hope you get to enjoy some of this great wind & weather this weekend!
H2O Joe
mot-manhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good to see both sides helping each other we need more of that there is a lot of new in both sports and they need to know first most how to get along Shocked
rigatoni

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that. Enough with the bad windsurfing/kitesurfing crap people keep posting. We all need to look out for each other out there including our dangling friends.
pacspeed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I third that notion. I've seen many times where only a kiter can help a downed polesurfer, and others where only the polesurfer can help a dangler. Pro ejemplo, a kiters ability to tow a floater is unmatched. Just grab the harness handle and youre both off to the races. It also goes the other way. If a kiter is mid-kitemare, with tangled lines, folded struts, and generally helpless, a windsurfer can stop and sort out the kite, while their fellow kiters can't do much, since they have to keep their own kite in the air. I've been the helpful windsurfer before, I hope I can get the same treatment as I flail my way through my first kiting season.

Viva la communidad! Down with the haters.

- Happy danglin' polesurfer
madmax7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: helping a kiter Reply with quote

I would love to know how a windsurfer can help a kiter with line issues, and perhaps I should be asking in kiteforum.

Im a decent polerider and learning kites but I fail to imagine how to get involved with a kiter who's kite is down wind and has issues without placing myself in danger plus knowing that I'm actually assisting...

On a recent situation my SLE kite was inverted and downwind and a fellow kiter flew by the kite and hit it each time until the thing flew right again. whe n he was doing this I couldnt help but think "what the hell is he trying to accomplish?"

The only scenario I can assist a kiter at this point is get his board.

comments appreciated for would love to learn..,

Max
pacspeed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sail to kite.

Get off board.

Swim to kite.

Untangle.

Swim back to board.

Sail away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: