myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Best East Bay wind prediction
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andydavis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Best East Bay wind prediction Reply with quote

The best East Bay wind predictor is whether I ride my truck or my bicycle. If I take my truck (with all my gear) there will be no wind. It's been 100% accurate this year.

I ride my truck based on the 7:00 forecast. Yesterday was no wind at all in the Eastbay. Consequently, I rode my bike and had to battle 30 knot headwinds all the way home. Today the forecast was "North & East Bay: Berkeley & Pt Isabel see SW 22-26. Watch Larkspur / Rod Gun for a potential 18-22 PM finish as well." It's 3:30 now, 16 at Berkeley with a downward trend.

So if you want to plan your day, just call me to see how I got to work.
andydavis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now at 4:00 pm, Berkeley is 12, PI is 5...thanks weather guys!
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: No Berkeley wind Reply with quote

I could have gone to Sherman Island, but Berkeley hardly ever goes off and the prediction seemed so solid. Best it got was a breezy 20. Even the kiters were slogging! (Please ride your bike everyday.)
johnl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I tend to defend the weather guys. You know, the usual, like expecting them to get the wind accurate within a sail size even when the regular weather people can't even get rain/no rain right.

BUT come on. I agree. Yesterday they said mid teens in Berkeley and it blows mid to upper 20's. And today, nothing but dark colors, BIG wind expected all through the bay, and ONLY Tomales goes off????

What really sucked is that I trusted them (I know STUPID) and took off work early, so I pissed away 1 hour of time I could have used some other day when there was actually wind........

Send me an e-mail how you got to work each day so I'm ready next time.....

Evil or Very Mad
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from the Berkeley Used Condom Reserve and Parking Lot...did you know you can use an old mast base protector as a beer cozy? Well...you can!
airwave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ezzy mast base protectors seem to work the best as beer cozys and they are certainly the most durable.

As for today, I too decided not to go to the river and planned for Pt I or Berkeley. I don't expect the forecast to be right every time but this one was so compeltely wrong I think an explanation is in order.

Seems to me if that as good as can be expected I want to start charging 90 bucks for my forecast. Here it is:

If you live anywhere in the bay area from May through Augs, go to any site you want to on any given day. It will be windy. I project my forcast will be correct over 50% of the time.

If you have read this you owe me $90 for the year. Please email me your bank account # so I can set up an automactic draft. Very Happy
andydavis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airwave wrote:
...I project my forcast will be correct over 50% of the time. If you have read this you owe me $90 for the year. Please email me your bank account # so I can set up an automactic draft. Very Happy

okay! that's 50% better than I'm getting now.
beallmd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airwave wrote:
...I project my forcast will be correct over 50% of the time. If you have read this you owe me $90 for the year. Please email me your bank account # so I can set up an automactic draft.
I am from nigeria and I would be very much happy to pay you this amount. But first I need your bank acount numbers so I can deposit 6 million dollars in US aid money, then you can send check to me for the difference. Looking forward to business with you sir.
dudco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do ya all want some cheese with that wine?
timwnitram

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Rod and Gun today after work, it was sweet! You have to read the gusts from the wind meter. That's a pretty accurate reading for what's going on in the channel. When it's blowing in Tomales and it's NW, just give it time and R&G will go off. Just check the gusts, you won't be disappointed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: