myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bullhead in San Rafael

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Bullhead in San Rafael Reply with quote

Well with our "long range forecast" saying Bullhead could have good wind, and after hearing some glowing reports of Bullhead, the question comes...... Where is Bullhead???

It seems the Marin based sailors are very secretive about this location. They don't really give good information about it. So I'm hoping somebody will break the silence and give some information.

I understand it's near China Camp (or in China Camp). I saw on the China Camp map that there is a landing called Bullhead. Is this the place? And if so, what conditions are you looking for to tell if there is wind there? What about parking and rigging?

With the wind being best at Tomales and that being an hour drive away, I would hate to drive there 3 days in a row and I'm looking for some alternatives Smile
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It went OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF today!

Boggsman
victor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a better launch closer to china camp with restrooms, shower, off street parking and no cliff to climb.

it's called bullhead flat.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Vic.....shhh shhhh
jse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Grasshopper, when the dry winds from the west disturb the firmaments of your dwelling, take the road less travelled. Let your better instincts be your guide. Do not let habit govern your decisions - resist that! And go where your heart takes you. If you are not rewarded by your efforts, do not be forsaken - persevere! Yet another day grace your future. And do not be impatient in your travels - many travellers of all mode of transportation will surely be in your path. The anti-clockwise direction is often neglected, but offers the most rewarding vistas.

Respect the inhabitants of your destination - it is not only acceptable but encouraged to bring with you hearty flasks of cold ale to offer them in return for the advice they may provide you. And if you choose to terminate your travels in the official destination, be generous with your alms for the tolltaker. You do not want to ire him. However if you are lacking the proper denominations, you may choose to terminate your voyage at a higher location, where the tolltaker is prevented from passing. These locations are limited, so make room for others who may come after you.

Be aware of the dangers that lurk. If the tides are not in your favor, you may strand yourself. The winds can be deceiving. When selecting your weapon, observe the horizon, for that is where your voyage will take you. The battlefield is expansive, and your return can be difficult to chart. You do not want to be the last one on the field.

Take this advice to heart and someday you will be rewarded with enlightenment at the Head of the Bull.

Master Po
DAVIBO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Master Po Reply with quote

Master Po needs to wear his helmet Mo!
johnl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JSE (Po),

Are you related to Vorlons by any chance? BUT I think I know where you speak......

By the way that was one of the most intertaining posts I've read here. Obviously you put some time and creativity into it.

Thanks!

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: