myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Buying Used Gear in the Gorge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ride-no-work

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Buying Used Gear in the Gorge. Reply with quote

I will be out in the Gorge from July 12th thru Aug. 2nd. I was going to bring my 80L Evo but decided to bring only sails and related gear and try to pick up a used board when I am out there. Maui had allot of used gear for sale when I was there and I was hoping the Gorge was the same way. Does anyone know of any swaps or related going on during this time? What shops have a decent selection of used gear?

Thanks
wmike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen used board in all the shops, Isthmus, Big Winds, 2nd Wind, Windance, Realwind. Windance does not have another swap meet until August 10. CGWA has one June 29 and August 3.
2bluehawaiins

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: used boards in the gorge Reply with quote

I found that most of the used boards are beat up and they want alot of money for what they are worth. Swap meets will be a better bet. There is one in hood river down near the event sight in july if I'm right . A little surching and you should be able to find the date or date.
wsmike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree with previous posts. The swaps are your friend, but only if you're a buyer. I've been constantly disgusted by the prices that used equipment gets at swaps as a seller, its barely worth it to drive down there and sit on my bumper for 3 hours. This is great news if you're a buyer, there is a glut of gear over here and can be had for a song and a dance. Good luck!
Waterlou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reuse - Recycle Reply with quote

Still better to spend a few hours to get your old boards and gear into someone's hands (or strapped to their feet) who will use it instead of building a fence out of it.
bajaguy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the iwindsurf classified adds. Many of the boards listed are from the Gorge area. You might also post a want add if you know what you are looking for, and let people contact you. As stated above, there won't be any swap meets during the time you will be here. Check the shops when you get here or online. Inventory changes all the time, and since you will be here during the peak season you might find a good board for a great price. The used gear market is great for buyers here, you're comming to the right place.

Its been a windy spring, but pretty cool. Should warm up any day, but by July 12 it should be great. Have a fun time the swells should still be big with the record runoff this spring. Smile
ride-no-work

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaguy wrote:
Have a fun time the swells should still be big with the record runoff this spring. Smile

Thanks for the info, I am getting pumped for this trip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: