myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
H2O music Is this for real
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epenrose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: H2O music Is this for real Reply with quote

I love the pic of the guy in the waves listening to his ipod.

What will these guys come up with next, a waterproof DVD screen that plays into a pair of goggles so now not only can you not hera sh&* you can't see S%$t either.

I would have thought that being able to hear clearly while surfing, windsurfing or kiting might be slightly important, amazing these guys don't have a huge liability or disclaimers up the ying yang all over the product.
carl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: H2O music Is this for real Reply with quote

Epenrose wrote:
I love the pic of the guy in the waves listening to his ipod.

What will these guys come up with next, a waterproof DVD screen that plays into a pair of goggles so now not only can you not hera sh&* you can't see S%$t either.

I would have thought that being able to hear clearly while surfing, windsurfing or kiting might be slightly important, amazing these guys don't have a huge liability or disclaimers up the ying yang all over the product.

Why?? Are there liability disclaimers on cellphones for people who are driving? Or for CD players that get used by skiers? Or for dishes that are thrown by angry spouses? Or baseball bats that are used for unintended purposes by an 11 year old? Or paint that can be swallowed by a toddler? Or for cars that can go 3 times the speed limit?

No, because the court has assumed you should use these and many many other things in a safe and reasonable manner. Heck, it would take hours to get out of Home Depot if you had to sign all those liability forms.

Have you seen someone operate their sailboard in an unsafe manner
while using these devices (or a helmet Cool )? Definatly they should be talked to, IF they are.
But if they are using their eyes and looking before they jibe or changing direction, it would seem like this danger is only speculative theory.
cherrywood182

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am days away from trying my first loop. I can feel it. I'm psyched up and ready to go. I was given two bits of great advice.

1. Wear earplugs so you don't blow out your drums if you land wrong.
2. Look back and close your eyes.

Notice to all bay sailors. If you see me coming, I can't hear you and I aint' looking. Just sign here...
nealpar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a dude down here at Leo Carrillo who sails with headphones on. His modus operandii is to shoulder hop you on a wave (he sails slalom gear to boot, so he can catch up to the wave even faster), then PRETENDS NOT TO HEAR you as you're yelling at him because he's totally in your way or pinching you on the wave. I've confronted him and he apologizes with the "sorry, I didn't see or hear you" excuse. Interesting dude. He also wears gloves when he drives his car...so you draw your own conclusions.

(PS: I know he reads this forum, so a response is anticipated)

Most lawyers would have a field day with a defendant who injured another person while surfing or windsurfing with headphones.
johnl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be carefull with earplugs. Imagine a strong force (water upon impact) forcing that earplug deep into your ear and into your eardrum......
Epenrose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nelapar - that is pretty bad, love the wears gloves when driving, take it his gear is on top of a F40 Ferrari, however I presume not?

I use ear plugs at night and can still hear the wife when she's pissed at me, so I figured the ones I'll use in the water won't block everything out!

Seems like suicide to use these things in the waves or in any pace where there's a lot of traffic, outside at Crissy.

Can't wait for that mast mounted, waterproof DVD player!
JiberJaws

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing the oncoming boat in my blind spot has saved me on more than one occasion @ Sherman. Drunks in boats don't know/care who has the right of way.

Sailing with headphones sounds like another form of natural selection Smile .

Mike
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H20 audio mp3 cases rock. I use mine every day. It keeps me out for much longer sessions,and helps quell the fear when trying insane new moves.
I highly recommend the 1gb ipod shuffle package.

IF you buy one from H20 audio and you put in the discount code

wmiller

You get 20% Off
Epenrose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyatt

I take it insane moves like the "no look gybe" or "loop under the ferry I didn't see coming".

On a serious note I really feel it is an incredibly bad idea to promote a product that reduces one of the most critical senses of safety on the water.

This forum is for sharing and not selling.

You may be the best sailor in the world but I would not like to be in the position of causing an injury to someone else while wearing this product, an attorney would have a field day with this.
jimwilkins

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always wanted one, I think I will get one. Does it mess with balance? The add always looked cool, kinda like how i'm going to look while using it.

Does it substitute ear plugs? especially in cold water?

Alot of negetivity, towards Senoir Miller and the people who post?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: