myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Goose Poo in the Gorge
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsampiero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Goose Poo in the Gorge Reply with quote

Seriously, has anybody noticed the serious problem of the green cheetos dotting the grass at the event site? At first I thought there'd been a Kennel Club meeting on the lawn. But I've been informed that it's actually - goose poop?.

God forbid someone sit on the lawn to downhaul their sail or dare walk in a straight line without staring at their feet.

Whatever kind of poo, it is, it'd be great it if it was gone! There's something the event site host could work on.
Gorgekiteboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Goose poo Reply with quote

I'd second the motion that picking up poo is a fitting job for the host.
jimoakes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Goose Poo in the Gorge Reply with quote

jsampiero wrote:
Seriously, has anybody noticed the serious problem of the green cheetos dotting the grass at the event site? At first I thought there'd been a Kennel Club meeting on the lawn. But I've been informed that it's actually - goose poop?.

God forbid someone sit on the lawn to downhaul their sail or dare walk in a straight line without staring at their feet.

Whatever kind of poo, it is, it'd be great it if it was gone! There's something the event site host could work on.

NO! they are green cheetos, please tell me I have NOT been snacking on goose poop.
Are there any cheeto/poop experts out there who can confirm this?
andymc4610

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event site is pretty much the only spot with this problem, but not the only problem with this site.Wink

J- when the wind swithes to east this week tryout stevenson "bob's beach" and "rooster rock" or driveout to "jones beach" for late afternoon west wind. stay up river on an east wind and use a larger fin. have fun!
andreas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Goose Poo in the Gorge Reply with quote

jsampiero wrote:

Goose crap is a pervasive issue at waterfront parks throughout the Pac NW. Up here in Bellingham, they allow (and ENCOURAGE) people to run their dogs off-leash during the winter and spring to get the geese scared off. Usually, by late May, the geese have gone north; whether they're staying later this year b/c of the lovely Junuary we've been having (which might have them thinking it's not quite summer yet), or whether it's that they like to stick around b/c their loonies have more purchasing power this year... there sure is a lot of the stuff around.

Cheetos, eh?

-Andreas

http://g-42.blogspot.com
THOMMA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Goose Poo Reply with quote

Be cool Bro, can't you dig that Canadian Geese are endangerd. That through our evil corprate ways it's our own fault. Ok tree huggers, thats how stupid it sounds. Those (endangered) geese are pooping on every golf course, city park and any other place where a mud puddle and grass come together. Trust me next time you get sick for some odd reason just try and remember about that time all your gear was covered in goose poo. I say get 2 yappy hyper dogs and let nature take it's Green course. Remember they are both animals so it's Green. You woulnd't let me let my dog crap all over the grass, why would you let some geese?

Sick and tried of geese, MT
Waterlou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost silly to even reply, but just to clear things up you need to know that Canada Geese are not "endangered." But like other game animals in this state, you are not allowed to hunt or kill them without the proper permit/tag, and even then only during the specified hunting season.

It's still not as bad as the dog poop that still happens everywhere. Plus, doesn't it help to fertilize the lawn?
katosandog

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dog would LOVE to help out.
Waterlou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know that the bald eagles in the gorge eat those little yappie dogs for breakfast?

All part of the food chain...

H
mije

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who said anything about a yappy little dog?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: