myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Goose Poo in the Gorge
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyskiwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LKHammer wrote:
It's almost silly to even reply, but just to clear things up you need to know that Canada Geese are not "endangered." But like other game animals in this state, you are not allowed to hunt or kill them without the proper permit/tag, and even then only during the specified hunting season.

It's still not as bad as the dog poop that still happens everywhere. Plus, doesn't it help to fertilize the lawn?

In a number of places in the Seattle area it is MUCH WORSE than dog poop, even at dog "PARKS"! Some places you actually/practically "slide down" the goose poop into the water! Well it ALSO includes DUCK poop! And of course, with ALL of that goose/duck poop IN the water, they have at times had to close beach/swimming areas when the "coliform" became too high! And NO it DOESN'T help to fertilize the lawn! It KILLS the lawn and just turns it into a muddy, yucky, poopy mess! Especially when there is THAT MUCH poop! Up here they have been rounding them up and "gassing" them at times but of course that brings out the PETA types! They have also tried to outlaw people from feeding them (thus keeping them here ALL YEAR LONG AND increasing their overall population) but outlawing feeding them ALSO brings out the PETA types! GIVE ME A BREAK!! Let nature take its own course and they will head south during the winter and north during the summer and just use this area for "transitioning"! TURN THE DOGS LOOSE!!

Last edited by flyskiwindsurf on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
human_catapult

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when a goose has gotta go, it's gotta go...
angus44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geese mate for life, gassing them is inhumame. You don't have to belong to PETA to understand that. It's not the geese fault their wetlands have been turned into office parks & strip malls. It's also not their fault that their natural predators have been killed off by humans. Deal with the goose shit, it's a small price to pay to live at the top of the food chain, sip your latte & have you fun.
WMP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, a little goose turd isn't gonna hurt ya.... tastes like chicken!!

Just be glad ya don't have to deal with these little devils:

These dudes carry all sorts of bacteria and provide a long & painful death..... they thrive at my launch site, along with this dude...

Need I mention the poison oak?

Here's a warning to everyone.... NEVER sail where I sail !!!

- Wind Mountain Pete
flyskiwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angus44 wrote:
Geese mate for life, gassing them is inhumame. You don't have to belong to PETA to understand that. It's not the geese fault their wetlands have been turned into office parks & strip malls. It's also not their fault that their natural predators have been killed off by humans. Deal with the goose shit, it's a small price to pay to live at the top of the food chain, sip your latte & have you fun.

Well gas them in pairs then. Gassing is NOT inhumane. They just "go to sleep". Sort of like the "canary in the mine" thingy. If you DON'T want to gas them, get EVERYONE to stop FEEDING their silly goose azzes. They wouldn't stay here ALL year and multiply like rabbits if people DIDN'T feed them. There are PLENTY of predators. People just don't like to see geese and ducks "predatored" upon. Me, I like a little goose pate' and cooked goose WITH my latte and fun. Also, at least in the Seattle area, as well as I thought nearly everywhere else, if someone is idiot enough to build on wetlands, they are required to convert equal acreage into EQUIVALENT wetlands.
jimoakes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo has been a hot topic here lately http://forums.iwindsurf.com/viewtopic.php?t=14927

By the way if you happen to see a tiny watch in that goose poo----
dwpeters

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Greenies Reply with quote

I'm glad to see that not all windsurfers in the NW are so blinded by treehuggers that they can't see the forest for the trees.

Who let the dogs out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: