myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Loch Ness Monster in the Gorge?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsmike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What smells like a fish and lives in the water like a fish is probably a fish, or many fish. Could be something like what they found just underneath Bonneville dam a few months ago, a ball of thousands of sturgeon congregated for who knows what reason but big enough to pick up on sonar and make the Army Core send down divers to see what the heck it was.
WMP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several recent Gorge mysteries are left unsolved...

The dead sea lions at Bonneville Dam... who closed the gates on those cages?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24509403/

The dead fishermen found near the Wind River that same week... how did their boat capsize?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004427789_webfisherman20m.html

Then we've got thousands of Sturgeon at Bonneville Dam gathering together to party?

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/2008/05/_when_sonar_surveys_spotted.html

If ya ask me... I think there's a conspiracy in all this.

Another fact to consider.... Hanford folks have been injecting the ground water out there with molasses, which the bacteria eats along with the radio active waste. Sturgeon eats the bacteria, and BAM!! We've got monsters.

http://www.hanfordnews.com/sections/pnnl/story/11436.html
jesusjones

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Missing persons Reply with quote

It's a mystery. Now, when everyone is down in a lull, lying in the water, the fear will creep in. Your eyes will wander rapidly searching for the "BIG" monster waiting to take you down to the depths of the Columbia, never to be seen again.

Thanks a lot WMP.

Awe, who am I kidding, am I've always known about the monster, just never wanted to stir things up.

There's things in that river nobody knows about. It's there and it's going to keep eating.

I heard it got tangled up in the Indians net/anchor line and took em down?

Oh well, you gotta go sometime, my as well help the Columbia food chain.

Happy Sailing!!!

fish_monster.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.68 KB
 Viewed:  17929 Time(s)

fish_monster.gif

flyskiwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Loch Ness Monster and Missing Persons in the Gorge. Reply with quote

I'm thinking that WMP and Hey Zeus Jones just want to be the ONLY ones sailing out there while EVERYONE ELSE remains on shore, TOO "SCUURRED" to enter the water. In place of anyone ELSE sailing, they probably want all of those remaining on shore to just be filming only WMP and Hey Zeus in the forlorn hope of "capturing on film" their "ultimate demise" in the "jaws" of this "water monster". Twisted Evil Razz
spennie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Loch Gorge Monster Reply with quote

My friend Dan was sailing at the Event Site Tues. July 1st and hit a large sturgeon while going around 30 mph. (No exaggeration, Dan is a very fast speed sailor). It snapped off his brand-new $225. Tectonics racing fin, sent his board flying, and torqued his knee pretty badly, took 3 days to recover.
Don't think sturgeon swim in groups, but I'm not sure at all. I'm told they can hit 400+ pounds, maybe a barely submerged one is what you saw.
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be foolish to prematurely rule out untreated fetal matter, previously discharged upstream and then radiated, grown to disastrous proportions and now angst-ridden.

riverfetus.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.33 KB
 Viewed:  13179 Time(s)

riverfetus.jpg

danz1g

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetiaroaxx wrote:
It would be foolish to prematurely rule out untreated fetal matter, previously discharged upstream and then radiated, grown to disastrous proportions and now angst-ridden.

EXCELLENT!

hopbposter.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.89 KB
 Viewed:  13082 Time(s)

hopbposter.jpg

Last edited by danz1g on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
sailworksman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Flying sturgeon Reply with quote

Here's a little guy getting frisky with Dale Cook at the Event Site

DC_sturgeon_sm.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.37 KB
 Viewed:  13132 Time(s)

DC_sturgeon_sm.jpg

WMP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Loch Gorge Monster Reply with quote

spennie wrote:
I'm told they can hit 400+ pounds, maybe a barely submerged one is what you saw.

According to that article I posted, Sturgeon can reach 1,500 pounds...

"Sturgeon are ancient survivors that have changed little since the time of the dinosaurs. They can weigh more than 1,500 pounds and live to be well over 100 years old." Sturgeon can grow to longer than 15ft. long.

Biologists have heard reports of congregations of sturgeon at the surface of reservoirs and rivers, including shallow parts of the Columbia. But there aren't very good estimates on how many sturgeon may be involved in those gatherings, Parsley said. "Sturgeons in general seem to be relatively social."

Yep, I think we needs to place "Giant Sturgeon Ball" at the top of the list of Gorge sailing hazards....

http://www.northcoastoregon.com/articles/sports/giant_sturgeon_ball_in_columbia_river_video Shocked
wdg1000

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish trying to escape the fetus?

dc_sturgeon_sm_311.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.37 KB
 Viewed:  13077 Time(s)

dc_sturgeon_sm_311.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: