myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coyote right of way
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite kiter-windsurf right-of-way issues that happens every day at Crissy :
Im sailing starboard racing in to ride the wake of a Ferry
Kiter is coming out toward me and the Ferry wake
Right as about to get to the wake and jump , and then ride the wake downwind, the Kiter spins around right in front of me, and rides the wake down wind. im forced to point upwind , slow down , miss the jump , and miss the wake, RAGING MAD
Am I off base?
Boggsman
89Spring

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sailled under the bridge GG yesterday and had similiar experince, exept. I cam ripping full speed in to the ferry boat wake on port with four kites surfing the boat wake. I said to myself after I crossed, that was a dick thing to do. Continued sailling under the bridge and had many crossings with one paticular kiter. Many times he luffed his kite to let me sail under neath, many times I pinched up. i came out of a nice jibe on a swell on port and here he was again. I waited and he luffed up over me each of us smilling. Sailled at Waddell for the first time in three years of being away and got pummeled because I gave the inbound rider rights. Saw the guy at the end of the day and he apoligised. I honestly was not sure who had rights, so I tried to stay out of the way and got crushed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: