myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Enduro - What Racers Can Look Forward To
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwajack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Enduro - What Racers Can Look Forward To Reply with quote

We have an terrific week end and set of prizes lined up for you! As July 19 and 20 are right around the corner, we thought that you may enjoy a quick preview:

Our open class champion will win a windsurfing vacation package to La Ventana in Baja, Mexico including 4 nights accomodations sponsored by Captain Kirk’s La Ventana Resort and an airline ticket, as well as a ka. sail sponsored by WindsurfDeal.com.

Our sport champion will win a Goya FXR Freeride board

Our women’s champion will win a Sailworks mast and sail

Our masters’champion will win an Ezzy sail sponsored by Ezzy and Captain Kirk’s Windsports and a Chinook gear and tool pack

Top racers can also look forward to an AWESOME line up of prizes from Streamlined and more from MauiSails, ka./WindsurfDeal.com, Dakine, Isthmus Sailboards/RRD, Chinook and Hyde-ur-Stik

If you have not done so already go to www.cabrillobeachenduro.com and REGISTER NOW, fees increase by $5 after July 13 and spots are limited!

If you have already registered, below is a brief preview of our week end schedule:

Saturday July 19

10:00 am: sign-in for all racers and same day registration – we cannot guarantee spots for racers that have not pre-registered

12:30 am: skippers meeting

Wind conditions permitting, races begin ASAP

We intend to structure our race schedule such that each racer will have the opportunity to race at least twice on Saturday; each race will last 10 minutes

5:30 pm onward: racers and friends are invited tor regroup at the nearby Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club bar for happy hour

Sunday July 20

10:00 am: results from Saturday posted

Wind conditions permitting, races begin ASAP

We intend to structure our race schedule such that each racer will have the opportunity to race at least once on Sunday; racers that qualify will then move to finals

5:30 pm onward: BBQ and awards party at the Cabrillo Beach Bathhouse, featuring live music by Mossy Rock, Baja Fish’s famous tacos, and beverages by Godmothers Saloon and Bar

Note, we will be emailing detailed sailing instructions to pre-registered racers this week end containing start and racing procedures. In the meantime, do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Race the Hurricane and Enjoy!

The Cabrillo Beach Enduro team
Jrobb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohoo! Can't wait.

J
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Malibu crew. I'm at the gorge heading back so my son and I can race at the enduro. There is no swell predicted so head down to cabrillo for a good time. It was alot of fun last year and we can support the sport we love.
P.S. I'm not a racer, and all you wave hounds can blissfully sail around without worrying that I'm gonna drop in on your waist high macker! Very good vibes (and food) at this event.
LHDR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the wind gonna be like tomorrow?
-lhdr
dabull1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIG BIG AND PRAY!!!!
johnnycrash

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea Let's move it to Issabella_ I dont own a Formula board or a 15.0m sail. and the last time I prayed was when the penguins at Saint somethings were twisting the thumbscrews!!! Just kidding Sister Ninnian - don't come looking for me Shocked
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following is a paid political announcement By Barrack Hussein Obama:

Allah Akbar Allah Akbar May we have thermo Nuclear winds today. Praise Allah!
nealpar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Hey Malibu crew. I'm at the gorge heading back so my son and I can race at the enduro. There is no swell predicted so head down to cabrillo for a good time. It was alot of fun last year and we can support the sport we love.
P.S. I'm not a racer, and all you wave hounds can blissfully sail around without worrying that I'm gonna drop in on your waist high macker! Very good vibes (and food) at this event.

As it turns out, there is a nice south swell and so far, zero wind at Cabrillo.

So much for predictions, ha?
*Matt*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is too bad. If you look at the wind archive there have been only two bad days this month and the last two weekends have been great.

Anyone who has spent any time going to regattas knows this can happen. In my experience, quantities of alcohol can cover up lack of wind.

Hopefully we will get some wind sunday.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son sailed and we both ran in the SUP races. It wasn't perfect but it was fun. Hope to catch some surf tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: