myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing and Kiteboarding Town Hall Meeting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CGW2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Windsurfing and Kiteboarding Town Hall Meeting Reply with quote

Windsurfing and Kiteboarding Town Hall Meeting

Windsurfers and kiteboarders in the Gorge recreate in close quarters. Lately, these close quarters have led to some confusion, and, unfortunately, some resentment from both communities.

Let’s chat! The Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association and the Columbia Gorge Kiteboarding Association are hosting a Town Hall meeting for windsurfers and kiteboarders to share their concerns and come together for solutions. The ultimate goal is to ensure a safe, respectful and fun windsurfing and kiteboarding experience in the Gorge.

Come help us work collaboratively for a great water experience!
Date: Thursday, July 10th
Time: 7:30-8:30pm
Location: Port Building (just west of the Hood River Bridge, by the boat launch)
Meeting Agenda:

7:30 CGWA and CGKA introductions- who we are, what we do
7:40 Meeting purpose and outcome
• Problem: lack of understanding between mixed users creates potentially unsafe or disrespectful situations
• Goal: for kiteboarders and windsurfers to have a safe, respectful, and fun experience in the Gorge
7:50 Listen to concerns from windsurfers, kiteboarders, and other meeting attendees
• State your concern
• Keep comments respectful and constructive
• 30 seconds each (and yes, we have a timer!)
8:20 Discuss next steps
• Create committee to compile and prioritize problems affecting windsurfers and kiteboarders in the Gorge
• Committee will present possible solutions based on collaborative problem solving
• Next public forum meeting will review draft solutions and timelines
8:30 Adjourn
Temira

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: meeting Reply with quote

Thanks Katie! I think this is a great idea.

Just a note to everyone. If you can't make it, please email your CONSTRUCTIVE comments to CGWA at cgwa@gorge.net.

-Temira
anthwind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Windsurfing and Kiteboarding Town Hall Meeting Reply with quote

Why not post in NW-Windtalk, pdxwindsurfer and gorgewindsurfer. You would get more people?
Bret

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Friends Reply with quote

I have never had a bad experience with a Kiteboarder. I have help many and have rescued kiteboards. Last year at Nuclear alley I rescued a kite boarder, and got a local fisherman to take him back to Jones beach. I had a kiteboarder kite up to me today at the eventsite to see if I was ok. Thanks for reading!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: