myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Crissy off road Range Rover July 13th
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epenrose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Crissy off road Range Rover July 13th Reply with quote

Yesterday evening I think it is safe to say we were pretty amazed to see two women in Range Rover start driving along the pedestrian walk way.

With windows open, music blaring, whooping away, the smart pair then drove onto the beach dipping through the water at one point. After a little off roading through the beach going families, dog owners and sunbathers they decided to hit the tarmac again. To think I once had issues with kiters lines all over the place.

Park police showed up, pulled her over, ended up pulling the driver out of the vehicle throwing her on the ground, believe she may have been a little confused at what day of the week it was, and cuffing her. The passenger managed to keep grinning while on the ground for the next hour, seemed to be quite enjoying the attention till boyfriend/father showed up shoe less in his Porsche.

One of the park police officers said they were pretty looped to say the least. Anyone care to update when known what the charges will be, should be interesting. Obviously DUI, driving on a federal nature conservation area (that should be a nice one one) and some sort of endangerment.

Moral of story, don't take X, a bottle of vodka and drive off road at Crissy, unless of course you are an illegal juvenile Honduran crack dealer, then it would have been onto to Gavin's pad, Park Police acting as a valet, for a night time cocktail with Jennifer, but that's another story....
LeeD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be a jerk, but.......
Some of the funniest sights happen when drunks drive on the beach and get their "all terrain" vehicles stuck and sunken in the surf zone.
Seen it happen way more than 5 times at OceanBeach, laughing hysterically all the way.
The drivers laugh also, until the floorboards start flooding.
Easily THREE are buried at SecondParkingLot, with tow truck drivers unable to attach 150 yards of cable in time before about 300 waves actually bury the cars in a record under 10 minutes (upcoming tides, of course).
Naturally, it happened to me on a Baja trip, with FatDave the doughnut spinner driving. He also snapped the motor mounts to boot, at minus tide at Abreojos. Good fun for all, thanks FedMarines.
On another note, I've been found guilty of 4th gear broadsliding a BSA 500MX at OB low tides for about 5 months one summer of '73.
jp5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheeling on the beach on a '71 Husqvarna (shifter on the right side) FUN!
LeeD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right side shifting is cool......
I had to trade my '71 yellowtanker CZ for the 500MX, as my left leg was in a to be 13month cast. Since 4strokes don't really need rear brakes, and are much better than 250 2 strokes for soft sand, it wasn't even a contest.
JimmyLerer, who had the beezer, turned Intermediate on my CZ, beat it to death, and we traded back after that winter.
I'd suspect his beezer was a little worn also, as I rode it on the beach easily 4 days a week for the whole summer/fall.....
Had a '79 390WR Husky in '80.
andydavis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeD wrote:
I may be a jerk, but.......
Some of the funniest sights happen when drunks drive on the beach and get their "all terrain" vehicles stuck and sunken in the surf zone.

Then I'm one too...it's called Schadenfreude. I don't like to see anyone killed or maimed, but nothing gives me greater pleasure than to see a new SUV upside down in the snow, or buried up to its floorboards in a flooding tide. Smile
jp5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. I also had a '73 CZ and a '80 390OR. Nobody under the age of 45 has any idea what we are talking about Laughing .
MOTOP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Crissy off road Range Rover July 13th Reply with quote

I was right next to that Range Rover when police pulled them over. Those girls were high as a kite, probably a combination of substances and alcohol. Passenger looked at me and said "Oops, I think we're getting a ticket".

Arresting officer was pissed. He ordered the driver to step out of the vehicle 3 times, and only then started pulling her out of the car. I'm sure "resisting arrest" would be one of the charges.

Quote:
unless of course you are an illegal juvenile Honduran crack dealer

Park police is under federal jurisdiction, I recon that "sanctuary city" crap wouldn't have flown.
Epenrose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little further away than you.

He ordered her three times, could you hear what she was saying?

He certainly gave her a good pull out of the car once he got the door open. I don't think they even saw the cop next to them, must have been a fun night for the driver.

Pretty amazing they didn't arrest the passenger for drunk and disorderly. Glad these knuckle heads didn't run anyone over, amazing actually.
MOTOP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epenrose wrote:

He ordered her three times, could you hear what she was saying?

"What?, What have I done? I shut down the engine."
She was clueless. At one point I think I saw officer resting his hand on a gun. Get to think of it, 2+ tonn Range Rover IS a deadly weapon, officer would have been in the clear for using firepower if there was a real risk of driver trying to flee.
Epenrose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No kidding, that guy also has a reputation.

Looks pretty obvious that she was high as a kite, and not THC, I believe that's an immediate felony.

Wonder who the hell she is? Was that the boyfriend or parent that showed, he looked really happy.

Last edited by Epenrose on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: