myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Fatality @ Dougs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imjaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: bummed Reply with quote

I met Damian shortly after moving to the gorge a couple years ago. Great guy, good friend. He had a lot going for him, worked hard for it. Last time I saw him he was jazzed, had a good weekend, gettin settled in a new place. So I know he was happy and enjoyin life. I found out what happened when I gave him a call and his sister answered telling me that he passed away. I was a little shocked and I hope she can accept my apology for ending our conversation with "have a nice day." her day is anything but nice, I was a little at a loss and I just meant I hoped it was better than not. I will miss him but i will have good memories of him even if it was for a short time. I hope that everyone can reflect on the good memories and smile. He was doing what he loved. Take care Damian
srr37

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1216781724123860.xml&coll=7
Thanks to all concerned and for all the support - I'm doing fine- the friends and family are the ones that need consoling.

Good thoughts, sunshine and warm breezes for DLW

scott
t-rad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: also bummed Reply with quote

Damien was an awesome person and will be greatly missed. Everytime I saw him he greated me with a huge, welcoming smile. He was so motivated and positive and loved life. He was the type of person that was super talented... in sports (snowboarding, surfing, and a sick windsurfer) and in art (glass blowing) and oh yeah, he played bass too. He always had some new art project idea he had to share with me which I never knew what to make of since I'm not much of an artist. He had a lot of ideas and opinions and if we were talking politics the conversation could last for hours. I really enjoyed that about him.
Miss You Buddy!
jlittell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh Damien...miss ya bro!

Cheers to Scott, Phil, and anyone else who lent a hand in this helpless scenerio.

A huge shout out to Phil for hosting a great potluck for Damien on monday night and thanks to all who showed up to celebrate the life of a good friend, Damien Winters.

And to Damien, for making each session: windsurf, snowboard, and a pint at the River City Saloon to some great music, so much more fun as you always would grin from ear to ear, share your great laugh, and a big "Yeeaaahhhhh" to make me smile and go bigger!
I'll never forget yer 1st day up at the channel marker at 3 mile when we were on 3.7's, on the same monster swell, doing the rebel yell! And to all those great powder days from this past epic winter..."Thunderbirdbooyahhhtooyahhh"!

Warm regards to all family and friends,

Jeff

ps-hope the attached pics work.

DSC00015-1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.47 KB
 Viewed:  19653 Time(s)

DSC00015-1.JPG

DSC09946.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  99.91 KB
 Viewed:  19653 Time(s)

DSC09946.JPG

jlittell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more pics

DSC00015.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.42 KB
 Viewed:  19636 Time(s)

DSC00015.JPG

DSC09955.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.26 KB
 Viewed:  19636 Time(s)

DSC09955.JPG

climbingmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how to express my sadness over Damien's passing... or even if I have the right to. It has, after all, been 16 years since we had seen or spoken to each other. And yet I never forgot him. And I never will.
He was my buddy in Montana during freshman year and helped me through one of the hardest times in my life, he was there for me even though he barely knew me. I tried to find him over the years, but with no luck, and now... well..... thanks to whomever posted the pics of him as an all grown up kid, I have a few from a snowboarding expedition we all took up in Montana in 1991. Here's Damien doing his thing, way back when...
Hank, I'll never forget your hospitality or your genuine love, respect, admiration and support of him. You could tell the minute you met him he came from a great family.
Safe travels Damien and come back soon!

img269.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  268.52 KB
 Viewed:  19195 Time(s)

img269.jpg

img270.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  260.12 KB
 Viewed:  19195 Time(s)

img270.jpg

martyooo7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our prayers go out to the family and his close friends in this time of need. and to Scott that had the strength to make it to shore .

the Andersons
climbingmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a couple more.

032_1.JPG
 Description:
I hope this one works...
 Filesize:  109.59 KB
 Viewed:  18849 Time(s)

032_1.JPG

img268.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  234.94 KB
 Viewed:  18849 Time(s)

img268.jpg

t-rad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thanks to the 2 people that posted these pic's and to everyone that shared stories of Damien. This forum has become somewhat of a support group for me in dealing with all this and it's helped alot. So again THANK YOU!!!
AFriend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien was great friend

He always made the best out of what he had!

--Josh--

Damien big smile.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.34 KB
 Viewed:  18723 Time(s)

Damien big smile.jpeg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: