myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Thanks to Enduro Organizers and sponsors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Thanks to Enduro Organizers and sponsors Reply with quote

Stephanie, Joe, Marty, and all the others who organized the Enduro did a great job. There were over 100 people there participating in probably the calmest wind possible at the "Huricane", but that didn't matter.
Great SUP races, sponsor participation, and prizes. My son and I really enjoyed being there and we're looking forward to next year.
lfsk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Ditto!! Reply with quote

Stephanie et al:

Thanks for a great weekend, all we needed was the wind! Stroke of genius to have SUP race heats, made sitting around waiting for wind that never came much more fun. Thanks to Capt Kirk and Carl for the SUP board loaners. I know that SUP board manufacturers were invited to demo boards but declined, boy did they miss out on a huge opportunity since there really was nothing else to do.

The BBQ was yummy, the prizes were amazing!! We will definitely be there next year.
erik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, great event! What a shame the wind just got turned off for the weekend. I sailed W,T,F last week and look at the graph now. Damn. Thanks for organizing and still making it a fun weekend! See you next year!
capetonian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ton of work must have gone into organizing the Enduro, so lots of thanks to all those involved in organizing. I will definitley be looking forward to the Enduro next year.
cbknap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: it's already 15 at noon Reply with quote

Yes the organization was great. Excellent job by Stephanie, Joe R., Joe J. Marty and the entire group.

Windwise, that has to be the worst July weekend at Cabrillo ever. By 11:45 a.m. today (Monday) it had already hit 15 mph!

How about a 3-weekend summer series next year?
johnnycrash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Wow!!! A big THANK YOU!!! to all of the organizers (Stephanie, Coyboy Marty, the Joes...)and
sponsors, (Cap'n Kirk, Carl...) and volunteers of this fine event (that I had looked forward to for the previous 6 months). I really didn't believe that I would have had a chance against the local squadron of supremely geared-up sailors, but I signed up for the fun and commaradere enjoyed at last year's event... I met some great people and had a good time despite the calm winds. So glad that the SUPs were shared with everyone - I floundered and paddled around on Saturday for about 20 minutes - gained admiration for those that were out there riding waves and manuevering adeptly. Never, never in my wildest dreams, did I believe that I would compete in the SUP races and place 2nd (no points off for kneeling most of the time). Entered in the raffle, I won two great prizes--I am so stoked!!! Even if it's windy next year, I'll be there.
Thanks for Stoke, see you all next year -
JohnnyO Cool
jwajack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: A Complete Set Of paddlEnduro Photos Is Up On The Web Reply with quote

Glad everyone had fun despite the lack of wind. A complete set of photos from both days of the paddlEnduro are now up on the web, either through the www.cabrillobeachenduro.com 08 event photos link or directly on Flickr at www.flickr.com/photos/cabrillobeachbathhouse/sets/72157606172717423/. There are some 570 photos from the two days (and more that didn't make it on), with lots of good SUP spills and thrills, as well as general photos of the event showing how much gear 60 windsurfers can bring to one event!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: