myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Crissy Rider Dies in Motocycle Accident
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrgh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Epenrose.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Epenrose. It was a drunk driver driving too fast and diving from lane to lane, just like I always see on our freeways. The motorcycle had nothing to do with this tragedy.
pacspeed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention that if riding a motorcycle is what you love, then you should do it.

My wife's mom is in terminal decline after fighting pancreatic cancer for almost two years now. She never did any dangerous or exciting sports. She never went anywhere exotic or unfamiliar. Yet, despite all that, she'll die a difficult, unpleasant death and we'll all have to watch.

My Dad just beat colon cancer a year ago, after a lifetime of very healthy living. The guy was buying wheat grass and whole grain stuff 40 years ago when no one had even heard of it.

The most important lesson I've taken from all this, don't waste any time regretting the past or fearing the future. We're all worm food in the end anyway, and I'd much rather die on my bike than in a hospice. Pursue your dreams, love freely, live boldly.

You'll be missed Ryan. Congratulations on living more in your 31 years than most people do in their whole lives.
jefffinn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://inmemoryofryanjones.blogspot.com/
bbrand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post PACSPEED...blessings to your wife.
jefffinn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This email is from Meghan who is organizing Ryan's ceremony.

Thank you all for you support through this difficult time. Ryan Jones’s family and friends and very grateful to all of you for helping us make this day special and unique. For those of you who knew Ryan, you’d know what a kick he is getting out of this production on his behalf! The following is the break down of the day, and where and when we would like you all to join us to release Ryan’s ashes into the bay.

A CELEBRATION OF THE LIFE AND SPIRIT OF RYAN JONES
Everyone Welcome
Presidio Officers Club, 50 Moraga Avenue, Presidio, San Francisco
http://www.presidio.gov/event/rental/officersclub/Directions.htm
Sunday, July 27, 2008
1:00 pm Ceremony
2:30 pm Reception
And you are also welcome to the following events:
4:00 pm Walk to Crissy Field for Bayside Remembrance
5:00 pm Potluck at Crissy Field Center

· Please arrive at 4pm at East Beach to get ready to launch by 4:30pm. You can meet in front of the bathroom on the beach where you usually launch from.
· At approximately 4:30 people will arrive at the beach lead by a jazz band and the family who will be carrying Ryan’s ashes on his kiteboard.
· Evan has graciously offered to be the bearer of the ashes. All of you who are interested in partaking in the ceremony and going out into the bay with Evan should please respond with a confirmation on the forum. It would be nice to have a few of you go out with Evan, and circle him as he releases the ashes. We just ask for a confirmation, so that I may tell his family what to expect.
· The family has asked to have the ashes released close to the bridge. However they understand that the conditions may not be ideal. If that is the case anywhere in the bay is ok, their main wish is just to have him be in the water he loved so much.
· There will an area of the beach marked off as "Reserved for Ryan Jones's Memorial Service 4-6pm". Native potted plants, signs, and chairs will help define the area.
· Afterwards everyone will be welcome at the Crissy Field Center for a potluck. Depending on the timing of everything else, this will hopefully be around 5pm.

Greg- You have graciously offered to be available on your jet-ski, I’d like you to come out in case the conditions for kiteboarding are not ideal as a back-up plan for releasing his ashes. Does that work for you?

Thanks for your help. Please contact me with any questions or concerns.

Take care,

Meghan
603-731-7139
moconnor@parksconservancy.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: