myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WHERE TO SAIL???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabull1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: WHERE TO SAIL??? Reply with quote

For us po' Leo/Cabrillo wind addicts, this 7:30 am forecast is a real doosie! Predicting solid mid-teens to upper-teens the weather wizard then goes on to inform us that it may be too NNW to NW to make it to shore. I guess that means another trip to Leo this PM to look at whitecaps through the ol'binoculars! Come on gang, where's the secret spot to sail in these conditions... I promise not to tell anyone else!!! Danke, Bull
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Wind is where you see it Reply with quote

Well I guess all you Leo/Cabrillo folk ought to chip in together to buy a boat to take you all out to where you see them thar white-caps. Thar she blows!!!
tony

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Time to sail indoors Reply with quote

Now that summer is nearly gone and the weather is turning cold (I nearly had to wear a jacket the other evening!), it is time to move indoors. Anyone have a nice big indoor pool at home? It can be done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn8RC8zsbPg
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Not enough wind! Reply with quote

Well, Bull,

I was also skunked this weekend and this is the north Central Coast.

I do feel for you seeing whitecaps in the distance and nothing near shore. It happens here in the winter as well. The offshore buoys are seeing plenty of wind while near shore, nada.

I did get to watch whales play, but got no on-the-water fix.

Windward1
dabull1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the epilog to this one is all the planets aligned and we had a kick-ass afternoon session with possibilities for more tomorrow. Chalk one up for the Good Guys[and Gals]!!! YEEHAW, Bull
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull,

When I checked out the sensor summary for Leo on Sunday evening, it definitely looked as though you folks had a great day. Very impressive when those averages hang out over the 20 mark for a few hours.

I sailed at C Street, and I was very nicely powered on my 5.6 for a couple of hours. Only one other windsurfer and just a few kiters were there, as most of the kiters launched off Emma Wood in light of a surf contest being held at the top of the point (the kiters' normal launch site).

Today's forecast looks very promising, but it could be somewhat touch and go should the heat move too close to the coast. Really though, I think that that risk is more associated with the Long Beach/San Pedro area. It would be great to get another day of sailing. I have to admit though, I'm a bit sore and stiff from yesterday. With the sketchy Summer we've had, it's hard to be in good shape and get the most of it. Nevertheless, I'm up for a bit more soreness.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C street and Malibu are both looking good today. I'm betting on the thermal build.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: