myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Outa my way E Wind Sailworks people
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westender

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Outa my way E Wind Sailworks people Reply with quote

Not Bruce or Dale. At Stevenson, coincidently the last couple times I sailed there the only people to have a dangerous disregard for right of way were on the very fine SW sails. In the future when you realize you can't out point someone who has ROW please bear off. Thank You.
WMP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.... seems many of the Hucker crew were sailing OP and out-of-control and failed to yield to starboard sailors especially on the inside between boat ramp and East Point. If ya can't sail in control, get off the water and get a smaller sail. Perhaps just a mix-up on who was actually starboard (east winds = Washington bound is starboard)... it's a bit confusing this time of year. However, the attitudes of the Hucker crew seemed to indicate there were some intended violations.

Last edited by WMP on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least these guys were boosting huge air ... right? After all, isn't that the whole purpose of the Hucker ... to Huck? If you're not hucking, why run a sail with its high COE, and if you always tune the high COE out with extra downhaul, why buy a Hucker in the first place?

POSERS?

Mike \m/
WMP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the "image is everything" loose canon club.
wmike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong ISOBARS, these jerks were not jumping often or to any height, just acting like the dangler. They seemed to want to come close to us even in an overtaking mode. But since it is a big area there I could get out of their way. I only noticed that there were 2 of them.
westender

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always up for a game of Chicken. Especially when I have ROW and I get the impression that my opponent thinks they are hot s**t. They were not.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll spare you the dozen or so cases on Da River, lakes, ski slopes, and highways in which aggressive or irresponsible actions such as those have had consequences on the actor's pocket book, rib cage, state championship, and perhaps heartbeat. They'll probably get theirs sooner or later. In the meantime, evasive action -- tempered sometimes by one's body armor and the value and construction of his board -- will solve the immediate threat.

Mike \m/
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westender wrote:
I'm always up for a game of Chicken. Especially when I have ROW and I get the impression that my opponent thinks they are hot s**t. They were not.

World Cup Aussie racer Phil McGain, widely acclaimed as a walking hemorrhoid, once played chicken with me ... but almost destroyed his race board by violating the first rule of playing chicken: make sure the other guy knows you're there. Coming up from behind or below isn't "chicken"; it's just potentially self-destructive.

Mike \m/
trburl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Black Goatee?? Reply with quote

Hey, just curious, based on some early summer action I witnessed at the Hatch.....Was one of the offenders a dood with black curly hair/beard goatee type look with blue/red Hucker???
westender

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I play chicken is head on. One of the guys was wearing some sort of hat IIRC. I tend to ignore those types as I pass up wind of them claiming my ROW and don't bother with the stink eye, rude gestures or shouting insults. Maybe half my fault for surprising them with my non white board and 10 year old wave sail. The foggy arrogance clogging their pea brains must have told them they had me covered no problem??

isobars wrote:
[
the first rule of playing chicken: make sure the other guy knows you're there. Coming up from behind or below isn't "chicken"; it's just potentially self-destructive.

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: