myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
When does the season end?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
*Matt*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: When does the season end? Reply with quote

When does the season end at Cabrillo (when does it get crappy)?

I noticed they stopped doing human forecasts at Isabella. Does this mean it is getting too cold there? We were there a couple weeks ago and it was 4.5 both days. We were thinking about going again next weekend.
gregorvass

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ELK?
dogalone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still blowing, still relatively warm, though would suggest 3/2 full suit
dabull1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Holding back the tears! Reply with quote

Just check the windgraphs and the extended forecast... stick a fork in it!!! Now is the time for all sailors to get manic over Santa Anas or just accept it, put the summer toys away, and be comforted in the fact that opening day at Mammoth is Nov. 13... they got 3 inches of snow this weekend!!! PRAY FOR SNOW, Bull
ssoule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Isabella wind Reply with quote

When LA has a 'good' catilina eddy or a rainy low is north of SF there will be a good chance of wind for one to 2 days. Check weather forcasts for temp. Arrow LA wind is pretty well done for thermals, so look for weak Santa to make some wind or after rain a clearing wind. those are a bit tough to time, so you have to be prepared to move within an hour or so. Rolling Eyes
lutehowland

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Cabrillo/Belmont sailable with 12.0 and formula board in the fall/winter/spring? I'm thinking about picking up some big gear. Do the thermals COMPLETELY shut down or is there an 8mph breeze most days? I hate gusty frontal winds.
As long as I can get into the footstraps, I'm happy - and I'd rather avoid storm sailing in sewage...
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a 12.0 Cabrillo will be sailable every weekend. There are so many bean burritos being eaten that by noon there will be a steady breeze.
(Especially if it's over 85 in L.A.)
dabull1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: !VIENTO LOCO ES MUCHO BUENO MUCHACHOS! Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
On a 12.0 Cabrillo will be sailable every weekend. There are so many bean burritos being eaten that by noon there will be a steady breeze.
(Especially if it's over 85 in L.A.)
C'mon Steve, you know it's the bar-b-ques on the beach preparing the ever so popular carne asada y sesos tacos which fuel the Gulch summer thermal wind. It's the burritos which produce the off-shore Santa Anas. At least that's what Ron and Claudio told me the last time they buzzed Leo! PRAY FOR SNOW[ right," ssoule"?] Bull
ntupman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Best Bay area winter spot....? Reply with quote

Wheres the best spot for bigger gear in the winter?

Is there any places that have sort of a micro thermal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: