myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
COMMUNIST NOW????????
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: COMMUNIST NOW???????? Reply with quote

THIS IS A COPY OF MY PROTEST E MAIL TO THE MAUISAILS GUYS.. FIND OUT WHY!!!

"hello,my name is Raydel (Ray) Armas... you might heard on windsurfing magazine past issues about a cuban that cross the 90 Miles ocean between cuba and miami by windsurf?.. well that's me... and i most say how disappoint i am when while i was on "iwindsurf.com" just saw an advertise from you guys with a che guevara face printed in one of your sails... What is wrong with you guys???.. don't you know who was FOR REAL that asshole?... it was the first osama bin laden... a cuban's murder, a butcher . He defend and help to create the monster of dictatorship that break my legs,kill my mom by let it her die on a hospital without attention... and all due that I just said what i think about the regime...

One thing is if some asshole decide to paste or print that murder face on hes sail.. (that is his problem.. "personal freedom" ) but you guys?... I tel you what!... why don't you MAUI SAILS.. don't print also an Adolf Hitler face on one of your sails?... and lets see what happen..

And I tell you more,i am sending copy of this emails to Joshua from windsurfing magazine and to the all i windsurf community... "
Arrgh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in the USA we have something called freedom of speech, which the courts have interpreted to mean, more broadly, freedom of expression. And yes, it even protects your right blame the wrong sail company. So if you are looking for a place where no one will offend you, perhaps you should keep sailing...
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the fact that it was pointed out on the General Forum here that the offending company is actually Hot Sails Maui and not Maui Sails, don't you think an apology is needed for the slight against the Maui Sails folks?

Also, I would suggest you take your complaint directly to the Hot Sails Maui Forum rather than here. Might as well go straight to the source of the problem.
sergem

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Che _is_ pretty offensive figure.

To balance the superfreak collection, how about adding this rendering too:

http://muratov-damir.deviantart.com/art/Che-Burashka-102894829
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheburashka
eliot10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, such a broad subject.
Happy thanksgiving to all.

Last edited by eliot10 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
nealpar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armaswindsurf, you have a valid point.

Fact is, (with a few execptions) the people running some of these windsurf equipment companies may be nice folk and knowledgeable about the sport and equipment, however they often lack a formal education, lack sophistication, sensitivity and originality. As such, it is simply beyond their grasp to have thought of issues such as the one you raised. I believe Hot Sails even came out with a Bob Marley sail and I seriously doubt that they got a license to use Marley's image for commercial use, as required. But that's an entirely different issue.

As for taking your complaint elsewhere, no way. You brought it to the right place. I think the folks up at the Gorge or in Maui who think of these marketing ideas need to stop underestimating their customers' taste and sophistication and to not try so hard with fancy graphics unless they enlist the help of real artists with talent and integrity (i.e. originality).
beallmd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Nealpar points out; there could be copyrights issues but Marley is one of the great guys, as opposed to Che. Every windsurfer should have a copy of Legend handy at all times in the surfmobile, as well as a Jimmy Cliff's greatest hits.
dabull1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: BAD CUBANO, GOOD RASTAMAN Reply with quote

Yea mon...Bob good, Che asshole! I and I also bump to Lucky Dube an' de Steppin' Razor mon Peter Tosh... Rastafari Jah Love! I thought I saw a new Pryde sail with a "rainbow" motif and a Sailworks with a Barney the Dinosaur on it. Seriously, bad move Hot Sails, what's next, a likeness of Chas Manson? PRAY FOR SNOW, Bull
Epenrose

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sorry for the loss of your mother.

However, the story is ongoing in hospital emergency rooms across this nations so there isn't a difference.

Regarding Che. Murderer in comparison to what Batista? He was about as bad a SOB as they get. You think think he didn't create the same reaction by Fidel, Raul and Che. Propped up by the CIA. Same crap that happened when supported white Russia, another bunch of scumbags. Or dear Henry supporting the Junta, all makes lovely reading.

Welcome to paradise that isn't. When you start dating in Miami you might sail back, all relative.
tsokat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen the New Yorker cartoon of Che wearing a Bart Simpson t-shirt? Now THAT would be a great graphic design for a sail!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: