myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Anybody want to do a wind forecast for LA Xmas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody want to do a wind forecast for LA Xmas? Reply with quote

somebody wrote:
isobars wrote:
... which isn't gonna happen 'til Hell -- or Las Vegas -- freezes over....

Las Vegas did freeze over.

No! ... REALLY??? . Imagine that!

I apologize for trying to rise (a little) above Beevis&Butthead humor levels. My bad. How about this: I was headin' over to CoachG's house the other day and saw 'dis broad tied to the RR tracks ... Stop me if you've heard -- and actually understand -- this one ....

It's amazing how much has to be explained these days ... not to mention how many scores of attempts at stupid, irrelevant, sophomoric humor you guys make, yet you object when the conservative tries one, as though you don't even realize that there may actually be some intelligent lurkers watching your intolerance display.
cbknap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: back on topic... Reply with quote

County Line is probably the best clearing wind site in LA although it's a looong way up there if you live South of LA. Other good sites, and their pitfalls, North to South:

Cabrillo--wind goes way outside when it's west veering WNW, so be prepared to slog out thru the surf on a big board and small sail. If the sensor (broken right now) Sad says 8-20 @ 14 it's actually 8 at the beach, and averaging 20 outside, gusting 30 or more. Not for the novice.

Belmont Shore--straight sideshore in WNW although the water can have trash and there are no waves. Some people like it.

Seal--easy get-out with lighter, planeable winds on the inside and getting windier the farther you go out. Don't wait too long to jibe! A very pleasant place to sail but watch it after a big rainstorm--big scary trash washes down the river.

Sunset--direction is great on W or WNW but there is a very strong side-shore current and swell is often double-overhead. Experts only and on some gnarly days even the experts pack it in and move over to Seal.

I wish you all a windy Christmas.
markpeters

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
swchandler wrote:
No doubt, that the aggro rooster in the hen house seems to be that "self important chicken". Why is that so? Do you think that he thinks he's better than his peers?

Its hard to know the motivation of poultry.

Seems to me the self important liberals are doing a lot more crowing?
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody want to do a wind forecast for LA Xmas? Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
somebody wrote:
isobars wrote:
... which isn't gonna happen 'til Hell -- or Las Vegas -- freezes over....

Las Vegas did freeze over.

No! ... REALLY??? . Imagine that!

I apologize for trying to rise (a little) above Beevis&Butthead humor levels. My bad. How about this: I was headin' over to CoachG's house the other day and saw 'dis broad tied to the RR tracks ... Stop me if you've heard -- and actually understand -- this one ....

It's amazing how much has to be explained these days ... not to mention how many scores of attempts at stupid, irrelevant, sophomoric humor you guys make, yet you object when the conservative tries one, as though you don't even realize that there may actually be some intelligent lurkers watching your intolerance display.

I reread your post and I couldn't find anything funny.

This is funny...

A duck walked into a general store and asked "do you have any duck food?"
The man behind the counter looked at the duck and said "no, we don't have any duck food, and besides we don't serve ducks! Get outta here!"
The next day the duck walked into the same store and asked "do you have any duck food?"
The same man scowled at the duck and yelled, "we don't have any duck food, and if I see you in here again, I'm gonna nail your fucking beak to the floor!! Now get out!!"
On the third day, the duck walked into the store and asked the man "do you have any nails? The man screamed No! we don't have any fucking nails you fucking duck!"
The duck said "good, do you have any duck food?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: