myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sebastian Inlet Sailing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seedysailor wrote:
Anyone recognize this guy?

He has hair, so he's not you.
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has the most hits since the X-mass on Cape Cod one so I'm adding another entry. I doubt if the two-bit stalking jerk, Pueno, the childish dipshit, Outcast, or the bore, Dan Weiss, has attracted the readership. Consequently, I figure there are people out there that want to know about this rather interesting winter sailing location. Finally, we had great winds yesterday for blasting in the straps. I went out to what is called (but not signed) Clam Beach which is a half mile south of the Inlet bridge. After digging out an old map, I found the name News Cut for it. Here the Indian River widens into a bay of sorts and the barrier island narrows to a width of a few hundred feet. I was able to get in some tremendously long reaches of 2 miles or more across this body of water. It isn't as shallow as the other areas I have been sailing, and I can easily see taking a big fin and wide board over it (something I can't say for the other locations I've posted about). The waves were decent, too. This poly board I have actually was too big and heavy. I could have used something smaller and lighter for most of the session. Whatever, I continued to sail with my old equipment and made a pretty good go of it if I do say so myself. The winds were gusty, but I've now gotten used to sailing with a stiff leech again. In fact, I can handle it rather well and received some compliments from the peanut gallery that was watching. What was all that fuss regarding the new sails? There were other sailors, of course, on the water, and I could see kiters over on Coconut Point. The 175 lb. guy who launched with me was using a 4.7 and was overpowered at times. I debated between a 5 and 6 but chose the 6. It was too much to gybe but put me solidly into the straps from one end of the vast expanse of water to the other. After a while the winds abated as predicted and that definitely made me glad that I had rigged the 6.0. They told me that this site is a great place for Westerly winds. I second that. However, I think it might be a good place in Easterlies, too. It's just one damn good spot. There was no boat traffic, plenty of beach (although the strand is a bit narrow) and good kindred company. What more can a windsurfer want?

Last edited by sailingjoe on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingdipweed wrote:
This thread has the most hits since the X-mass on Cape Cod one so I'm adding another entry. I doubt if the two-bit stalking jerk, Pueno, the childish dipshit, Outcast, or the bore, Dan Weiss, has attracted the readership. Consequently, I figure there are people out there that want to know about this rather interesting winter sailing location....

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
rationalnational

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoe wrote:
This thread has the most hits since the X-mass on Cape Cod one so I'm adding another entry. I doubt if the two-bit stalking jerk, Pueno, the childish dipshit, Outcast, or the bore, Dan Weiss, has attracted the readership. Consequently, I figure there are people out there that want to know about this rather interesting winter sailing location. Finally, we had great winds yesterday for blasting in the straps. I went out to what is called (but not signed) Clam Beach which is a half mile south of the Inlet bridge. After digging out an old map, I found the name News Cut for it. Here the Indian River widens into a bay of sorts and the barrier island narrows to a width of a few hundred feet. I was able to get in some tremendously long reaches of 2 miles or more across this body of water. It isn't as shallow as the other areas I have been sailing, and I can easily see taking a big fin and wide board over it (something I can't say for the other locations I've posted about). The waves were decent, too. This poly board I have actually was too big and heavy. I could have used something smaller and lighter for most of the session. Whatever, I continued to sail with my old equipment and made a pretty good go of it if I do say so myself. The winds were gusty, but I've now gotten used to sailing with a stiff leech again. In fact, I can handle it rather well and received some compliments from the peanut gallery that was watching. What was all that fuss regarding the new sails? There were other sailors, of course, on the water, and I could see kiters over on Coconut Point. The 175 lb. guy who launched with me was using a 4.7 and was overpowered at times. I debated between a 5 and 6 but chose the 6. It was too much to gybe but put me solidly into the straps from one end of the vast expanse of water to the other. After a while the winds abated as predicted and that definitely made me glad that I had rigged the 6.0. They told me that this site is a great place for Westerly winds. I second that. However, I think it might be a good place in Easterlies, too. It's just one damn good spot. There was no boat traffic, plenty of beach (although the strand is a bit narrow) and good kindred company. What more can a windsurfer want?

Umm to not have 53 different personalities ?
acidland

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailingslow really thinks the reason why anyone would read this thread is to gain knowledge from one so knowledgeable! Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!! And that's why we read his crap!
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rationalnational wrote:
Umm to not have 53 different personalities?

I count over 70 used here and other forums. Brucie's aliases multiple faster than rabid rabbits.

DanWebster
Rnails
Sailingjoe
Speedysailor
JohnWalsh
RoughRider
JoeMur
Back_Roader
Hugefins
Lackofwind
USvoile
Board07
AnyWind
Greenslib
Sinbad2
Sinbad
Windsurfer
Goodbrewster
JoeJane
Ensign
JollyRoger
Blowhardbuster
Windbob
Cosmicharlie
RogerJack@ss
RogerJack
Beachdoser
Broadreach5
Theclock
Sailorjohn
Quickrig1
Oldsalt6600
Skirtchaser
Bigwebsailor
Prljack
Tycoonguy
Beswift
Bruswift
Swiftwater
Swiftsurfer
Swiftsailor
Swiftskier
Swiftrider
Swiftskater
Swiftkiter
Swiftbiker
Robswift
Robert_Bruce
Snowyguy
Snow_guy
Snowglider
Snowbooster
Blowbooster
Skinut
Mistersmith
Seamanfirstclass
Skimmer
Gaastrageezer
Gaastraguy
Psychokiter
Pj1001
Weedwart
Wsguy
Ajoe
Cupajoe
Lamplight
Looselumber
Dunkin'_donut
Sharky
Sharkguy
Bigboard
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: More on the Inlet. Reply with quote

Opening this thread in order to add a few comments on the Sebastian experience, I was rather surprised to see that in less than a day the hit count has surpassed any thread put up in '09, 1585. Here's a tally of the competitors:
windsurfing in montreal 1053
First session of the new year? 1183
How about X-Mas Eve Day on Cape Cod? 1488
quanapowit/wakefield 1113
Consequently, I figure the subject warrants further press. (By the way, I do have prior Newspaper experience.) First of all. unfortunately, you have to ignore most of the comments in these threads. There are always a few bad apples in the barrel. It's amazing how many immature or stupid people insist on adding their two cents worth. Second, I haven't written much about the reports I have gotten regarding the wildlife encountered while sailing these parts. Personally, I have spotted Dolphins off of Coconut Pt. Another guy told me about sailing close to sea turtles at Clam Beach. Of course there are stories to be heard about rays. So far I have not seen a Manatee, but I'll report back about any experience I have with exotic wildlife here. The temperature turned colder after this front passed, too. My 3/2 shortie served me well, but there were a few chilly moments. This morning brought out the West Marine jacket and a heavy cap. I came down with a slight head cold in the afternoon which was probably brought on by the exposure of the windsurfing session. However, I don't regret the experience at all.

Last edited by sailingjoe on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: More on the Inlet. Reply with quote

sailingfloorsweeper wrote:
By the way, I do have prior Newspaper experience...

Of course you do, Brucie.

Even newspapers need floor sweepers.

sailingwombat wrote:
I haven't written much about the reports I have gotten regarding the wildlife encountered while sailing these parts. Personally, I have spotted Dolphins off of Coconut Pt. Another guy told me about sailing close to sea turtles at Clam Beach. Of course there are stories to be heard about rays. So far I have not seen a Manatee, but I'll report back about any experience I have with exotic wildlife here. The temperature turned colder after this front passed, too. My 3/2 shortie served me well, but there were a few chilly moments. This morning brought out the West Marine jacket and a heavy cap. I came down with a slight head cold in the afternoon which was probably brought on by the exposure of the windsurfing session. However, I don't regret the experience at all.

WTF are you talking about?
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete

Last edited by sailingjoe on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingkissofdeath wrote:
Mark or Pueno when will you realize that your posts are the kiss of death to a thread?

You mean like this one or this one?

sailingdoofus wrote:
...may glance at a Emoticon once in a while....

Cut the crap, Brucie. You examine every one in detail.

sailingartcritic wrote:
I don't know from who you are stealing them, but they definitely are better art work than Cayotebitch's cartoons.

Sour grapes, Brucie. First, she does absolutely marvelous work and captures the essence of your idiocy well. Second, I don't steal anything -- I showcase them for the artist.
Here's one for you, big guy . . . . . . . . . . . .

Incidentally, I see your newest alias "DanWebster" is going over well on boards.co.uk. You sure know how to win friends and influence people, ace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 3 of 32

Jump to: