myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bonaire ex Toronto or Buffalo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7urfers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Bonaire ex Toronto or Buffalo Reply with quote

going early march who should I fly with where should I stay and who should I rent from--If you been there I would appreciate some advice
wsurfer05

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this site for airlines flying to Bonaire:

http://www.bonairepros.com/flights_to_bonaire.htm

We have always flown American (from Montreal) through Miami and San Juan. Delta and Continental also fly there now.

Where to stay is really a matter of budget and the above site shows you most options. We have rented at condo hotels on the coast near the airport. This is a 5-minute drive to downtown and a 10 minute drive to Lac Bay for windsurfing. We rent scooters instead of a car or truck as they are more fun and the traffic is light in Bonaire. Be sure to do a tour of the north part of the island.

There are only two places to rent equipment at Lac Bay and both are good. Your choice will likely depend on your brand preferences.
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to Ann Phelan, she's the Bonaire travel expert and many folks on this forum (including me) have used her services.

http://www.bonairecaribbean.com/bonaire.html

bobg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: