myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sensors? Forecasts?Value Added?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giantbluefin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Sensors? Forecasts?Value Added? Reply with quote

Greetings subscribers--Anyone notice that it's March, 2009, and the service you've been paying for all year is not yet providing forecasts? Notice that key sensors in your area are "data from this sensor not available"? Just wondering if other subscribers are having the same issues?
alexw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Sensors + Forecasts Reply with quote

I have noticed some sensor problems in my area, although they now have been resolved.

As far as the 'human' forecasts, they are provided from April through September. That is the way it's always been.

-Sail on!
ctuna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Add new Senors and Camera's Reply with quote

It would be nice if a few new Sensors and Camera's could be added.
Davenport for a sensor and Camera's at the majors.
slayer666

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For waveriding (davenport, etc..). just look at the surfline.com forecast. They are pretty accurate for both wind and and surf projections. At least it has been my experience in the past.
gerritt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Add new Senors and Camera's Reply with quote

ctuna wrote:
It would be nice if a few new Sensors and Camera's could be added.
Davenport for a sensor and Camera's at the majors.

I don't think a sensor or camera at Davenport would last very long.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got forecasts out the wazoo, so don't much care when a live person appears again. What pisses me off infinitely more is iW's steadfast refusal for months now to fix their self-admitted website bug: every click on the website takes from 20 seconds to several minutes to elicit a response, if I get one at all. "We know about it and are working on it" is all I've gotten from them from multiple web bug complains beginning 6-10 weeks ago.

I can download literally dozens of extremely detailed weather maps in under two seconds altogether at other sites. Very complex websites full of text, links, photos, etc. load and display fully in less than one second, but this GD site just sits there "waiting for iWindsurf" anywhere from the time it takes to drink a sods pop to time enough to make and eat a peanut butter sandwich. "I've put on 20 pounds just because of these clowns".

When the sailing season starts it had better be fixed. I can get most of the wind data I need free and instantly from other sources. Here's the most recent web bug complaint I filed with them:

PLEASE fix your website. You acknowledged many weeks go, and complaints have been rampant for months, that it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes to respond to each click. This is absolutely inexcusable. Please let me know if you don't plan to repair the problem by Mar 31, so I can make other arrangements for my real time Gorge wind data by the time I'm back on the water. I'm not going to stare and curse at my computer for 30 minutes and pay hundreds of dollars to get data and forecasts I can get from NOAA and several other sources, FREE, in less than one minute altogether. Your only bargaining edge is quick, one-touch, one-site shopping, and you've now lost that advantage. My last message like this took several tries and a light lunch to submit. That's not going to cut it much longer.
alexw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: What browser? Reply with quote

isobars, what browser are you using? The website always loads fast for me in Firefox.

I do notice a slowdown on my MDA (pda phone) but that's a slow connection (GPRS) and Mobile Internet Explorer.

If you havn't tried Firefox, do so, it's a superior browser to IE and Safari on Mac.

-Sail on!
boardsportsrule4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use firefox.
i am on my schools internet connection and can download at over 1megaBYTE a second.
iwindsurf takes 10-30 seconds to load, and 5 seconds to navigate around.

what a joke.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried Firefox (my usual browser), IE, and Safari on Mac and PC on my 11Meg cable connection; all behave about the same: once or twice a week iW will respond and load as I click ... not even one second delay. The other many hundreds of clicks that week will take what feels like forever ... often timing out at 60 seconds with zero progress. Time of day or night makes zero difference. I have these problems on no other website.
Epenrose

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars is right.

I've reset my connection a number of times and turns out it's the 1windsurf URL that is slow and sucks. Yesterday again, switched to Yahoo and it came up immediately. If this were free who cares but it isn't.

A camera at Daves would last about 20 seconds and there really isn't anywhere for a camera, plus it would encourage a mega kook invasion who'd know when it blows......

Same problem this morning, again. I trust the advertisers on iwindsurf know of the problem as I just gave up earlier, went to surflne & pacificwaverider and they all work perfectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: