myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sensors? Forecasts?Value Added?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bluehawaiins

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Deffinate problem with conection to Iwindsurf Reply with quote

Epenrose wrote:
isobars is right.

I've reset my connection a number of times and turns out it's the 1windsurf URL that is slow and sucks. Yesterday again, switched to Yahoo and it came up immediately. If this were free who cares but it isn't.

A camera at Daves would last about 20 seconds and there really isn't anywhere for a camera, plus it would encourage a mega kook invasion who'd know when it blows......

Same problem this morning, again. I trust the advertisers on iwindsurf know of the problem as I just gave up earlier, went to surflne & pacificwaverider and they all work perfectly.

I'm having the same problem,seems to be worse than yesterday! Needs to be fixed
D-wo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wanted to post how slow the page loads are for two days now...but I just haven't had the patience to to wait for this screen to come up. I'm on a mac and use Firefox 2.0.0.20 and this is by far the slowest site I visit. If it doesn't get better I doubt I will renew my subscription.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent viability of the website (for some months now) has been tenuous, and demanding of too much patience on the part of users, but I think that that the thing that frustrates me the most is when sites aren't reporting.

My sessions can depend on real time readings, so the loss of that kind of information is very troublesome.

There's been much more "off line/not reporting" status across many sites than I would like, especially during the so called "off season" timeframe. Honestly, an important time.
chrisschmidtwetekam@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What browser? Reply with quote

alexw wrote:
isobars, what browser are you using? The website always loads fast for me in Firefox.

I do notice a slowdown on my MDA (pda phone) but that's a slow connection (GPRS) and Mobile Internet Explorer.

If you havn't tried Firefox, do so, it's a superior browser to IE and Safari on Mac.

-Sail on!

Website is unresponsive for me as well. Seems like too many people are checking wind during the morning on weekends.

Also, as far as I'm concerned the human forecasts are pretty useless. It'd be helpful if the wind reports were updated more frequently.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What browser? Reply with quote

dillweed wrote:
Website is unresponsive for me as well. Seems like too many people are checking wind during the morning on weekends.

It's not a usage issue. The problem is the same 24/7, except at a few random moments per week that it responds instantly for a couple of minutes.

Mike \m/
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What browser? Reply with quote

alexw wrote:
I do notice a slowdown on my MDA (pda phone) but that's a slow connection (GPRS) and Mobile Internet Explorer.

I just now noticed that part of the comment. Normally, my GPRS/WAP iW and NOAA downloads take a second or two on my cell phone. Today even WAP iW is slow.

Mike \m/
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case it helps troubleshooting, the site is working as it should st 5:50 AM PDT on Monday. No, it's not just because it's 5:50 AM on a weekday; it usually doesn't work at any time of the night or day.
capetonian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed support letting them know about the problem, but they haven't replied to my email. Not that I am expecting a reply.
alain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: slow website Reply with quote

isobars is right

I've also had the same a slow down (actually unsable at times) for a couple weeks nows ! - yesterday sunday 3/8 again was very bad when checking condition before going out mid afternoon.

Totally unacceptable for a paying service. Now that's it working I'll send them my feedback too.
loopless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just admit it, we are like heroin addicts complaining about the quality of our drugs! I'm hooked on near real-time wind and they know it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: