myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Iwindsurf website having problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
south-west

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ultimate irony is you can't access the site to complain about not being able to access the site.
This is THE only site that I pay to be on and it is one of the worst for speed and reliability.
andymc4610

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they know, their servers are overloaded. they never expected the trafic and they use ikite on the same server, LOL.

I would be bummed if i was paying, they stopped supporting the pager, so I ain't paying.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all fairness to iWindsurf, it's my understanding that the pager network at the provider level would no longer offer the service anymore, regardless of iWindsurf's interests. For good or ill, the market for cellphones has blown the pager concept out the market. Because I have never owned a cellphone either before or even now, I got screwed too, so I'm super bummed about what was lost.

Still though, I find value in iWindsurf's sensors, and their website. Needless to say, the performance of the website has been miserable at times. I don't know what it is, but they don't appear to have learned much about operating a consistent and dependable website. As much time as they have under their belt, that's clearly disappointing.
jrg

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks guys for the offers for IT help. I forwarded your ideas and offers to the weatherflow.com IT staff in Florida. I was on a conference call with the FL office this morning. They seem to have adequate staff. The problem is that the bug is intermittent and most of the time everything works fine. Now they have narrowed down the time the bug is mostly likely to appear to mid morning Sunday. So I would expect a fix soon.

Maybe you guys SHOULD take the help, clearly you don't have the problem solved. (Down quite a bit the morning)
Tahoe_Blowz

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Feed the hamsters.... Reply with quote

Tons of intermittent problems for past 2 months. Yesterday, it was getting hang up on trying to contact Chartbeat.net - website analytics and monitoring outfit. Must be great thing to know where your site traffic came from, especially if it will not repeat.

I also find it hilariuos to be getting solicited - to sign up for another year of Premium Services (while your site is going down like a 2 dollar hoe) - yeah.... good luck.
jroberts

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: No pager? BS Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
In all fairness to iWindsurf, it's my understanding that the pager network at the provider level would no longer offer the service anymore, regardless of iWindsurf's interests. For good or ill, the market for cellphones has blown the pager concept out the market. Because I have never owned a cellphone either before or even now, I got screwed too, so I'm super bummed about what was lost.

There is plenty of BS to go around. I have a pager at work (phones not allowed). There are two types--one is exactly the same as the old CoTW Motorola pager. Now why can't we have this service?

And I agree--I had to call my friends onsite for a report for the last two weeks. It *was* windy.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jroberts,

From what I understand, the situation associated with iWindsurf's earlier paging scenario differs significantly from the more standard paging scene you're talking about. Sending pages to thousands of users throughout the country on a very regular basis is a bit different than one person paging another person.

When we were notified by iWindsurf that the paging network could no longer be serviced, I contacted iWindsurf directly by phone and discussed the issue with them. I was informed that the network provider was refusing to provide the service to iWindsurf. Now they could have been giving me a contrived story, but I didn't get that impression.
andymc4610

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
ccoate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The solution: turn off the computer.
koogzah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Refund? Reply with quote

If it were my business, service for May would be on the house. But I'm one of those crazy "ethical" people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: