myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Collision Yesterday at Waddell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Collision Yesterday at Waddell Reply with quote

Jaipal sounds sane and concerned. Doncha think he's talking about all you guys' personal attacks, deliberate misquotes, semantic sidestepping, attempts to silence new ideas, and suppression of another sailor's requests for help in expanding the concepts? After all, he did say "
Jaipal wrote:
Most of all I am happy the post has brought ROW and safety to the forefront.]
harris52

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

Do you think your arrogant whining has ANY credibility when you don't complain at all when Harris mirrors my points and a guy from Boston -- I think that's somewhere east of "SW" -- participates?

Quick note, Harris does not mirror your points and disagrees with the requirement of rules in the Gorge. At root, I merely state that sailing with some common sense is a good idea, which might include some awareness of people trying to ride swells, which as stated by you, does not appear to be good enough.

Carry on.

BTW - I've heard these things are a real bitch when you find one on the water...

Cave_troll3.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.62 KB
 Viewed:  16295 Time(s)

Cave_troll3.JPG

tsokat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUR ELITE WORLD IS CRUMBLING. Mike "Get Off My Lawn You Kids" Fick.

Boggs, do you hear any rumbling sounds out in Marin? Chandler, everything still holding together in beautiful Santa Barbara? Windoggie, is Chez Panisse still open for business? From my view in Danville, Mt. Diablo is still standing. No, must just be a false alarm, "you people", our elite world seems to be very much intact.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that stands out foremost in Jaipal's posts is that he has an outstanding attitude about his fellow sailors, to include kiters too. Very admirable given the often divisive views that we can sometimes see now and then.

This is something important and noteworthy that isobars might want to think about, as he always seems to be at strong odds with so many sailors and kiters out there.
tsokat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that stands out foremost in Jaipal's posts is that he has an outstanding attitude about his fellow sailors, to include kiters too. Very admirable in often divisive views that we can see now and then.

Chandler, that is exactly right. His posts were in fact cited very positively by someone on a bay area kitesurfing forum and helped spread good will between windsurfers and kitesurfers at Waddell.
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should pick a date this summer to ALL meet at some sailing site in the bay area, say maybe 3rd ave or Coyote, sail a few hours then down a few beers and talk shit. We might find out that our mutual love of windsurfing is far more important than idealistic points of view on ROW, politics, butt sniffing or anything else.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harris52 wrote:
Quick note, Harris does not mirror your points and disagrees with the requirement of rules in the Gorge.

Your posted remarks, quoted below, precisely reflect my prior statements and my whole purpose in entering this thread:

harris52 wrote:
[Gorge] swell rider as well, has no official ROW ...
But room should be given to carve to both [ocean] wavesailors and [Gorge] swellriders because as sailors, we should all be aware of others intentions and desires and adhere to the principles of common courtesy and awareness ... anyone who sees someone carving around on a [Gorge] swell should try and give some space. It is only because other sailors adhere to the principle of common courtesy and having fun together that the swell/wave riders are if possible, given effective ROW by being granted extra space.

You and I also both said
harris52 wrote:
In ocean wavesailing, the waverider has no ROW.

And no one’s talking about any “requirement of rules in the Gorge”. That’s why I often used the term, “guidelines” and have made it clear for years, including in this thread, that I’m after the same considerations you supported above.

So like it or not, you did agree with me to a great extent.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the troll to shut up, you have to quit feeding him!
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he's SOOOO cute!
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One has to wonder whether the young chicks readily recognize isobars' style and look up to his stellar "off the top" agro attitude. Hey, 65 years old and styling hard in the spotlight. Surely, the picture of a cool guy on the move.

An awesome stud on the beach (for those brief periods where he come in from his notable hardcore slashing routines on the water).

Yet, between you and me, that's totally laughable, but what do I know.

Maybe the hot young chicks see something that I don't. Can't you see the totally foxy and naked chick hanging off isobars' back just like in the photo-op on another thread here? That's got to be totally trick, even if it's even remotely possible. An old dog in the spotlight.

What does the mainstream think? Is this guy cool or what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: