myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2009 Boardsports, Quatro Freestyle Clinic Series!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geffert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: 2009 Boardsports, Quatro Freestyle Clinic Series! Reply with quote

Hi All,

We are hosting a series of freestyle clinics for riders of every level. See the 3 clinic dates below and call us to reserve your spot.

There is no better time to improve your windsurfing! Smile

June 27th: Intro to Freestyle!
This class is for every level of windsurfer, especially beginners. Learn the foundational moves of freestyle such as backwind sailing, helitack, and duck jibe!

Aug 1st: Aerial Series #1
This class is for the intermediate windsurfer that can water start, jibe, and tack. Learn the forward loop, upwind 360, downwind 360, vulcan and willyskipper / air jibes, etc!

Aug 22nd: Aerial Series #2
This class is for those freestyle sailors who want to learn spocks, grubbies, flakas and shove-it!

Who: Boardsports, Rich Wilde & Arnout Ter Schure
Where: Coyote Point Park, San Mateo
When: Noon - 5pm each date
Price: $99 includes bbq and libations

* Quatro 85l and 95l Freestyle Wave boards will be available for demo

Rebecca
Boardsports Shop & School
www.BoardsportsSchool.com
info@BoardsportsSchool.com

freestyleclinic09.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.16 KB
 Viewed:  14733 Time(s)

freestyleclinic09.jpg

Last edited by geffert on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
FredFX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should probably take a freestyle course at some point...
PAmuddog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every windsurfer, young or old, who is getting tired of the "back and forth" should take a Freestyle clinic. Doing so will revitalize your interest in the sport and may prevent you from becoming a kiter or worse yet quitting the sport all together.

There is even a good chance to bring a once upon a time windsurfer converted to kiter back into the fold if he/she would just take a Freestyle Clinic. Once you taste a bit of Freestyle Windsurfing you will realize it has so much more to offer than Kite boarding.

I did the back and forth speed burning for 25 years and was semi-seriously looking to try kiting as an alternative. But I decided to take a Freestyle clinic after a few frustrating years of just "not getting" freestyle. What a difference a few tips made! Nothing I read in the books, online, or in magazines helped me more than live instruction.

Because of the clinic I am now a Wannabe Freestyler, not a Kite boarder. My goal is to learn one new trick a year as it takes me a looooooong time to get it. Learning a new trick can be frustrating but once you get it you'll be stoked. Perfecting it will be icing on the cake.

Age is not a barrier to Freestyle windsurfing. Even old dogs like me can learn new tricks. And there is always another trick to learn, it is endless, for the mere mortal windsurfer anyway.

SWE106

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on PAmuddog!! We hope to have you in one of our clinics. Windsurfing is unlimited in every aspect! Now let's spice it up a little on the water; we're never too young or too old to learn AND "do or do not, there's no try".
rationalnational

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to Tyson's, Casey and Brians.

Much better value. They rock !
fearnobeer

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any good places to stay nearby?
PAmuddog

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burlingame Embassy Suites is within walking distance as well as a few more places.

Some of us launch at Emabssy Suites Burlingame as it's just upwind of Coyote Point. Nice grass rigging there.

Here's a map:
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-map-474141-map_of_burlingame_ca-i;_ylt=AmcYGzvomAXZ3MgOTVfvZ2PiphQB

There is construction on Peninsula Ave so staying across the 101 freeway may make it more difficult to get to the sailing site.

beallmd

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is right on the mark. I skiied forever, then to get better started racing seriously and it vastly imoroved my tech and my appreciation. I remember in waterskiing I got bored with slalom B&F then took up trick skiing. Same thing-I improved from where I was and it got my psych back. They said each trick you learn has a requisite number of falls to learn it.

Now I am finding that I want a new challenge and to get better etc. So, I will start taking clinics and or private lessons. I've been working on doing a decent tack for several years-some days I do well at it, other days not so much. I won't be any good, but I will be happier...
beallmd

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey maybe Iwindsurf could do a clinic on how to insert that new word, whatever that's about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: