myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Who gives a ^@!(#~ about Kalmus?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outcast

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...lots of us floating around"

.....that's windsurfing for ya

ron.c

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply to Jerry:

I welcome kites all the time as long as I'm doing at least as good

Just about the time I started sailing, I moved to Rhode Island. Work took my girlfriend > wife > mother of kids and I on a trip, for 15+ years, around the country and over to europe. I can easily recall at least 5 years of never even getting wetter than a shower.

One weekend coming home after at least of a year of no sailing yeilded a perfect 5.0 day in the fall (in the so called back yard)

I've sailed the cut a few times, Scateree, and once after several times from the outer beach, with no specific problem, I made a promise to not sail side / off conditions in the ocean on my own.

I actually spent my toddler years in Chatham and lived on Crowell Road behind the funeral home (Dad was grave rob'n undertaker) back then we actually lived in the woods!

I'll keep my phone camera charged up for a key photo op some day.

RC
WaterKook

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ron
Have a look at the cover of the new Cape Cod Guide Magazine when you get a chance. Maybe I am a kiter? NOT!!!!! Just part time. Windsurfing rules!!! Laughing

ron.c

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to check it out, CC Guide that is.

Didn't see anyone playing with their SUP gear on Sunday.

I was fulfilling the sunrise service session. In the water at the Orl side break 1 at 6:30am+-. A little choppy but generally good for an hour and a half, on my own. Grade A-

Good enough to go back for more 12 hours later, but cut short by lightning strikes - getting hit by lightning is my kind of luck.

RC
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was out last sunday and haven't been on the water since Sad There wasn't any lightening, but a fog rolled in covering quite a bit of the surroundings. All the kiters but one left the water (and there were a horde). It seems that in a fog, you can't see the kites, only the kiters. Futhermore, I found that it was rather easy to get dis-oriented. The sole kiter and I talked about this when we put up. We concluded that the open water was not the place to be when a fog rolls in unless you want to chance a rescue.
outcast

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went Monday nite....town break. small but fun
Ron....
Which break is it that you like, the first one up, or the one in front of where the cars can park?.
We have been paddling to the first one which is roped off to cars (400yards N of Liams?), but maybe the next one is good too?

pueno

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
Futhermore, I found that it was rather easy to get dis-oriented.

That's your normal state, Brucie, particularly around spelling. The word is:

F U R T H E R M O R E.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoe wrote:
Well, I was out last sunday and haven't been on the water since Sad There wasn't any lightening, but a fog rolled in covering quite a bit of the surroundings. All the kiters but one left the water (and there were a horde). It seems that in a fog, you can't see the kites, only the kiters. Futhermore, I found that it was rather easy to get dis-oriented. The sole kiter and I talked about this when we put up. We concluded that the open water was not the place to be when a fog rolls in unless you want to chance a rescue.

Dude -you say you went to high school? "[A]nd there were a horde" makes no sense. Horde is singular.

There is no use of a hyphen between "dis" and oriented. The word is disoriented, and fittingly so.

Thanks for sharing that navigational nugget. Who would've guessed at the danger of sailing in fog? Glad you finally sought confirmation!

Last edited by DanWeiss on Fri May 29, 2009 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
ron.c

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I'm gonna break the "cardinal rule" among surfers, of divulging secrets; but no one has ever considered me a surfer. I like the break which is a comfortable 15 minute walk north of the parking lot. It's also right out in front of the resident's access to the north side beach.

Last week I did the walk in lieu of driving. On the way back, after getting some decent rides on a short lunch break, I saw a hand full of so called surfers flopping around llike dead fish in a shore break right at the water's edge. I had to second guess myself, WTF did they know that I didn't???? It seems to me that if you drive to the beach, you might as well walk, swim, paddle or crawl to get away from some of the crappy conditions right down in front (at least that day anyway).

ps: I did see a pretty good break just a slight walk down from the south end of the lot. That was witnessed on an obligatory mem. day family trip.

Feel free to spell check and correct. - good night

RC
pueno

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanWeiss wrote:

Dude -you say you went to high school?

Not only did Dood go to high school, but they allowed him to graduate. (What better way to be rid of someone?)

I must confess -- as evidenced by his writing, I was sure he had been expelled in the ninth grade. Evidently, standards weren't up to par in Framingham those years.

Here's the quiz of the day. See if you can find His Doodness in this class photo from the 20th reunion of the class of '68.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: