myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Cabarete Classic and Butterfly Effect Cabarete July 22-26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CMT26

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Cabarete Classic and Butterfly Effect Cabarete July 22-26 Reply with quote

[quote]The 2009 Cabarete Classic will take place on Cabarete Beach, Dominican Republic.

The Cabarete Classic is a four-day long event offering racing and freestyle categories for competitors of all ages and abilities.

Kicking off the Cabarete Classic will be the 2009 Butterfly Effect Cabarete. It is an event devoted to the promotion and celebration of women and ocean sports. Women who are Windsurfers, Kitesurfers, and Stand Up Paddlers are all welcome. July 22, 2009! www.betheeffect.com

A special Long Distance Race is in the works for the final day of competition on July 26th. It will be open to top racers covering a distance of 40-50 km. Kitesurfers and Windsurfers will go head to head in a battle against time to see who will be victorious across this difficult distance.

While the Cabarete Classic is primarily a windsurfing competition, event festivities will not end at sundown – each night programming will continue with special dinners, concerts, and other gatherings for racers, fans, and their families, as well as for members of the press. For more information about the event, please check out the official event website at www.cabarete-classic.com

Contact info: Michelle Bourdeau 809 851-9399
michelle@cabaretemassagetherapy.com
Pablito Guzman 809 876-6003
cabarete_classic@yahoo.com[quote]
Caribchakita

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year Ezri Heymans from Bonaire attended with Teams Curacao and Aruba. He had a blast and was treated like a young Prince. This year Patun from Bonaire Windsurf Place attends and others from Bonaire, Aruba and Curacao, air pending. Pablito runs a great event from all the feedback I hear. Last year I had ticket in hand and an early tropical system common in the DR/PR area cancelled flights to and from Bonaire. Needless to say, I did not go. Maybe this year.

Lots of Caribbean events happening: Wild Winds just finished, High Winds soon then Bonaire IFCA and Pro Kids and finally Pablito's event.

Follow your www.bonairebliss.com

Twitter: bonairebliss
CMT26

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hola! Thank you for the kind words. Pablito and I are ready to help anyone who is interested in coming over for the events. We can't wait to have everyone here again enjoying all that Cabarete has to offer.

Looking forward to seeing our Caribbean windsurfing friends again soon!

Cheers,
Michelle
Caribchakita

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michelle,

I emailed Kim and Pablito and have not had a reply. I know some of our team is coming and Elvis is trying to even find a plane to take the ABC team after Pro Kids July 19. Please PM me?

Ann Phelan

Twitter: bonairebliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: