myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
DENNIS BEACH FEES WEST DENNIS $15 at 4:15pm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djs789

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: DENNIS BEACH FEES WEST DENNIS $15 at 4:15pm Reply with quote

I grew up on Cape Cod. Fucking bitches at the gate charged me $15 at 4:15pm yesterday. God its soooo anoying! When I live 2 miles from the beach in the next town over.
Is there anyway to avoid these fees? A non-resident sticker is $300. They only charge for about 10 weeks. They are usually no charging when its nuking. It doesn't make sense.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Launch somewhere else. If you are lucky enough to get thru in other areas that is. You should see the concrete canyons down in Ft Lauderdale and Pompano. Sick.
LoveSplittingLanes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have given up going to the Cape during the summer months due to traffic and serious attitude (and fees) given at these popular beaches. Shoot for buzzard's bay (or RI) as wind is almost as good and definitely less traffic/ more laid back attitude... No windsurfing, No smoking, No drinking.... soon... No breathing or No farting! totally ridiculous getting to this point...
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoot, I'd gladly pay $15 right now if it came with SW 15-25.
WaterKook

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does a ticket at Killington cost these days? $80.00? $15.00 sounds cheep if you think of it that way. Laughing
dcharlton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lucked last Friday, I got in a morning session at Dennis and they weren't charging yet. Timed the wind just right between 9:00 and 11:30.

I've got to agree with the comparison to skiing, at least it's not a lift ticket fee but it is pretty lame to get charged at 4:15pm!

While I'd be ok with paying for a 20+knt day, if you want an alternative, you should hit Ned's point, no fees, grassy rigging area and the wind is almost as good as Dennis over the summer.

DC
jkrug

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live a few towns from Dennis, and there is no all-summer out-of-towner sitcker for any amount of money, at least there wasn't through last year. i've gone there at same time (~4:15) and the person in front of me was arguing and complaining about having to pay. when the gal got to me, we talked about how people think its the attendants fault for doing their job. she let me in free. a little kindness may help you out now and then. also, if they're going to charge, why not just chill for a bit and go back after 5 pm? bottomline: stop yer whining...

btw, beware of going to WD early and thinking you made out. i got a $25 ticket for going in before the attendants were there but staying past that time. and on the way out they said i'd have to deal with the town to resolve it, or pay it. i payed it, as my time is worth more than $25. just beware!
inlandsea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Note for ya'll about West Dennis.
The Barriers they said they were probably not putting up this year at Chair 8 are now up.
So there will be less parking and a longer walk to the Jetty to get some kiting in.

Sorry to be the bad new bearer.

Philip
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcharlton wrote:

I've got to agree with the comparison to skiing, at least it's not a lift ticket fee but it is pretty lame to get charged at 4:15pm!
It's not a good comparison. You pay for a lift ticket at a ski area like Kiddie Town. It covers the cost of maintaining a lift and the insurance that is charged them for protecting against accident and law suit. The beach fee really doesn't cover much: a life guard staff that does nothing and some litter control. The remainder of the money goes to other town employees and their activities away from the beach. Killington keeps their lodges, grooms the slopes daily and most importantly makes snow. The beach staff works on their tan and sits in the high chairs looking over a vast horde of lazy adults that rarely even swim. Welcome to America!!!! The land where obesity and indolence has serious protection.
inlandsea wrote:

So there will be less parking and a longer walk to the Jetty to get some kiting in.

Philip
This is the windsurfing forum. We haven't been so badly marginalized as you kiters.
jkrug That's a pretty good post but you were lucky that you were coming in on some ruffled feathers. I was going to suggest that the djs789 find a ski mask and handgun. He could borrow a motorcycle and drive to the beach. Then he could take the attendant's money and from then on he will have enough to pay his way.
iceratz@comcast.net

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inlandsea wrote:
Another Note for ya'll about West Dennis.
The Barriers they said they were probably not putting up this year at Chair 8 are now up.

Philip

I was down there yesterday and saw the barriers.
This effectively cuts off the designated Chair #11 WINDSURFING site as well.
Does anyone know what the story is behind the WINDSURFING access now?

Chair #9 is the last stop. Not 8.

I was one of many whom worked very hard with the town to create the designated area for WINDSURFING. Our efforts included building the boardwalk and fencing at Chair #11 for WINDSURFING use during Summer months, during Life Guard attendance.
The fence was not our idea, rather a town requirement that all windsurfers stay off dune grass.

So, is Chair # 9 an area designated for Windsurfing?

Kiters have typically gone all the way down to the jetty just to stay clear of windsurfing traffic. I think this is mutual understanding.

Sailing Joe
is a total dickhead for such posted statements.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: