myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Home Valley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srr37

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few years back the hatch was full and the wind was super gusty with big guys on 3.2's and me getting punished on my 3.7- so I went to H.V. and had a great 4.7 sesh all by myself with nice steady winds.
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the Gorge Guide again? I see they had space for Lars but not for the sites?

I have to do everything around here. O.k. lemme think.

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: GORGE GUIDE - SLEEPY HOME VALLEY Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
WMP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: GORGE GUIDE - SLEEPY HOME VALLEY Reply with quote

tetiaroaxx wrote:
WMP wrote:
Yep, outhouses are boarded up. However, there's full service restrooms with running water near the swimmers beach parking lot.

I only hope it is not like that now.

Good news.... even with county budget cuts, commissioners were able to set money aside for 1x3's (recycled from dumpster, untreated pine I believe) approx 3 feet in length installed across pooper doors using 1" wood screws. This should hold 'til one of them thar mountainmen come along and yank 'em open again.

tetiaroaxx wrote:

Sailing's not bad. Winds a little light for me.

Just gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away..... and know when to run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNnrTNFWcsg

WMP
jota

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetiaroaxx, you have a way with words. Your Home Valley post should be immortalized in the hall of fame. I haven't stopped laughing, thanks for taking the time.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea I was runnig such a risk all those days we sailed naked there.

-Craig
flyskiwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: GORGE GUIDE - SLEEPY HOME VALLEY Reply with quote

tetiaroaxx wrote:
There are free hot showers at the main biffies, but the possibility of a mountainman visiting you in those hot showers is substantial. They drive up from the disreputable Carson areas at any hour of the day. You'll never see or hear them coming. The whole facility goes black whilst you are in there, as the lights are timered on motion sensors, but won't sensor 'you' once you are in one of those very slippery, cramped stalls. You would have to walk out naked, half way to the sinks, to trigger them, and likely walk right into one of the mountainmen. I mean it is totally dark like the end of Silence of the Lambs. There are no windows, so it will go pitch black at mid-day inside the evil-smelling facility. You may hear some shuffling, and if you are lucky just someone taking a enormous, foul dump. But if you are unlucky, the flimsy curtain of your stall may be 'accidentally' pulled back with the echo of your protest bouncing off the hollow, unlit, fiberglass enclosure. Or your hand, as you have to reach out to press an electric button (and there are two buttons an inch apart for the two respective stalls) may be 'accidentally' grabbed in the dark by a tobacco and excrement stained hand from the adjacent stall, fumbling clumsily at his corresponding button, in an awkward attempt to wash off whatever ungodly substance he hath spilled on himself, after sneaking in undetected by you...............

Sounds like a lot of "wishful" thinking to me. ;->> I am sorry but I couldn't resist. ;->>
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: GORGE GUIDE - SLEEPY HOME VALLEY Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
richp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Wind Mountain Pete is not that bad Reply with quote

He was just looking for someone to talk to!
WMP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Sam does crowd control at Narrows Reply with quote

Awww, that's just Sam... lives at Narrows, loves to eat just about anyone.

He's got a small shelter where he worships gear that's been lost on various nuker days at the hatch,
it all floats down the river and ends up near his little cozy hideaway in the woods.

If he ever tries to bite, just threaten to take away all his toys.

- WMP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: