myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Are all the windmills in the Gorge screwing up the wind?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rumsfeld

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr.bush wrote:
heh, heh, heh, can I run for president of the TPG? We can do it all over again. Thank you God and Jesus!

I would submit myself to service your Presidency and promise to rid the Gorge of the terrorist Al Towera.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked for years building reactors. I think we should start the program again to reduce pollution. On the other hand, I have developed a community in a windsurf spot that is wholly wind and solar and rainwater.We don't buy power at all.
---"New hydro and nuclear plants are the only safeguard that California and its neighboring states will not be blackmailed again in the near future by natural gas producers---"
American built nuclear power is the second most expensive power on earth, next to solar. There is no near term in the nuclear biz. The average reactor takes 17 years to build. Getting ready to recommisson a reactor takes years before the work even begins. The delays are endless and unavoidable
For example, I personally caused a shutdown and emergency evacuation of the Hope Creek Nuclear Facility by carelessly inserting a knife into a hole trying to fix a leak and cutting a single wire in a bundle of hundreds. I was later surrounded in the parking lot by Security and several men in suits and gold colored hardhats. A man wearing a sidearm told me not to worry -everthing will be OK -please come with us.
I looked at my foreman with an inquiring look. He looked right in my eyes and mouthed
"Run!"

Last edited by keycocker on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
rigatoni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to piss off everybody even more, there was an article in the NY Times about a month ago about windmills in the Pacifc NW. The idea is that when it is windy, the power from the windmills will allow them to reduce the flow through the dams. The idea makes a lot of sense since wind as we know tends to be very episodic.

So in the future, when it nukes, the current in the river will be reduced.
kmarasco

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigatoni wrote:
Just to piss off everybody even more, there was an article in the NY Times about a month ago about windmills in the Pacifc NW. The idea is that when it is windy, the power from the windmills will allow them to reduce the flow through the dams. The idea makes a lot of sense since wind as we know tends to be very episodic.

So in the future, when it nukes, the current in the river will be reduced.
Actually it will likely increase the flow, because the salmon lobby will ask for greater spill to supposedly save fish during those windy periods. It just means that we'll be wasting millions more dollars worth of renewable energy. Oops, I forgot, Hydro is not a renewable energy source in OR, WA, or in the Energy Bill on Capital Hill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: