myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Dr in the house?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericandholly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Dr in the house? Reply with quote

Any sailing/kiting Dr's reading this? I am in a foreign land for two weeks and dislocated my ring finger. When it went it was out at the middle joint--just forward (towards the finger tips of where the wedding band sits). Finger was bent down, and about 20 degrees towards my thumb after that joint. I was able to pull it and put it back. When I bent my finger again it popped out again. Pulled it back into place. Almost no pain at all, and moderate swelling around the joint.

From what I can see on the net, buddy tape it to the next finger and splint it in a neutral position for three weeks. I can still play, but no tricks, jumps, etc. I did this on Sunday.

Anything else I can/should do while here? I am on a very small island with only a clinic.

Thanks,
Eric
HeyYou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no MD, but I did this once to my pinky. Pulled it out a bit and snapped it back. Never had another problem with it. That said, you're case could be different, especially since it pulled out again.
Rumsfeld

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Dr in the house? Reply with quote

ericandholly wrote:
Any sailing/kiting Dr's reading this? I am in a foreign land for two weeks and dislocated my ring finger. When it went it was out at the middle joint--just forward (towards the finger tips of where the wedding band sits). Finger was bent down, and about 20 degrees towards my thumb after that joint. I was able to pull it and put it back. When I bent my finger again it popped out again. Pulled it back into place. Almost no pain at all, and moderate swelling around the joint.

From what I can see on the net, buddy tape it to the next finger and splint it in a neutral position for three weeks. I can still play, but no tricks, jumps, etc. I did this on Sunday.

Anything else I can/should do while here? I am on a very small island with only a clinic.

Thanks,
Eric

"There's another way to phrase that and that is that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. It is basically saying the same thing in a different way. Simply because you do not have evidence that something does exist does not mean that you have evidence that it doesn't exist." -on Eric's ring finger dislocation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: