myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Friday's @ The Hatch!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caseyhauser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Friday's @ The Hatch! Reply with quote

TGIF-reestyle @ The Hatch

Starting July 3rd, every Friday afternoon for the rest of the season, come out to the Hatch to participate and observe in a showcase of all levels of freestyle sailing in the Gorge! The goal of this gathering is specifically to get all sailors interested in learning freestyle at any level, be it duck jibes, carving 360s, loops, spocks, shakas, etc, to get together with other sailors learning the same maneuvers, get out on the water, and push each other! If your buddy lands something and you don’t, no worries, just get out there and practice and push them the following Friday.

THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION. The objective is only to come together collectively to push each other and progress the sport.

Come and meet at the White MauiSails van in the upper parking lot between 2-3pm. We will break into groups based on ability, and which trick(s) each person is trying to learn. Then each group will go sail together and push each other, and hopefully help each other accelerate the learning curve. In addition, some of the best freestyler’s in the gorge will be on hand to help with little tips and tricks.

If the wind is not sufficient for sailing by 1pm, I will make a post on this thread canceling the event until the following Friday.

So come out, have fun, and celebrate TGIF at the Hatch!
tmayer_h2o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey, this is a cool idea. I will try to make it and I will try to grab my son and others.
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea!
Much easier to push yourself with some peer pressure and helpful hints.
I'll check it out for sure.
bobg
caseyhauser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those that came out in spite of the lack of wind. Wished for the first Friday we'd get good conditions, but let's hope next Friday it goes off! See ya then,
Casey
jota

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, by scheduling this you've pretty much jinxed the wind for Fridays. Oh well, I'll plan to work Fridays.
caseyhauser

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly hope not...
windanceshop1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome plan. I'm in whenever I can make it. Windance will throw some support at it too

Dave Nunn
pdk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Count me in Reply with quote

A great plan...I'm in!

Pete DeKay
Windsport Magazine
www.windsport.com
PoorBoyUS22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun. I am in for sure! We also need to get a bunch of people out for slalom sailing. I just got some slalom gear and would love to have people show me how its done.

If anyone is interested in setting up a pure slalom course once a week, (just down wind marks), let me know because I think it could be a lot of fun and allow a lot more people to be competitive in the whole racing scene.

Tyson Poor
philodog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fantastic, thanks for starting this. I know where I`ll be spending friday afternoons from now on.

Osh McNulty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: