myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Our dear friend Paul Mann is missing! Please help!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bil7y

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Praying for you Paul Reply with quote

We are all praying for you Paul where ever you may be - you are with us. Just come back and make it all go away.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen.

This seems like a fundamental question, and perhaps far fetched at this point, but has anyone calculated how long it would take to swim mid river to the Washington side, and calculated the river flow based on that time to drift over there, and pinpointed it on a map?

Just praying for his family that there is a positive outcome to this.
soheilzahedi5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm told that one of the first things the Sheriff's folks did upon arriving on the scene on Friday was to put dummy buoys out that would drift with the current in order to track where a floating object would end up. I'm also told that the buoys are holding station approximately where they were initially deployed, indicating minimal current flow since Friday.

Also, Michelle (Paul's GF) has established a blog where the latest updates will be posted, and visitors can leave messages, comments, questions, etc.:

http://www.paulmann.typepad.com

soheil
FredFX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the windsurfing world is extremely small. Although I don't know Paul, I was working at BoardSportsSchool yesterday where both Rebecca (the owner) and another person were talking about this. It saddened me deeply. I pray that Paul is still alive.
Shirin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts and heart with him and his family... I hope Paul comes back safe.
diannesf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Gathering tonight at 7:30, Crissy Field Reply with quote

***This request was posted on the communication blog for Paul. Please spread the word and come down to Crissy Field tonight to have a moment for Paul.*** - DY

You Can Help! Monday at 7:30pm
Hi Everyone,
As the search for Paul continues, I think it would be very special if we can all get together tomorrow, Monday July 6th at 7:30pm to share in a moment of silence and to help focus our thoughts on getting Paul the help he needs. So many of you have reached out and asked what you can do to help and now we need you to act. Our intention is to bridge the cap between Hood River, San Francisco and any other place you may be on this earth.

Bring a candle, a cigar, a guitar, a bong, a bottle of wine, beer, a picture of Paul or whatever you feel would be appropriate to help pray/channel your energy to get Paul back to us.

Meet at Crissy Field for a moment of silence at 7:30pm. Tell your friends and family to join you - we really need all the help and support we can get.
Epenrose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This couldn't be worst news.

I was driving up from S.Cali yesterday with another surf/windsurf friend yesterday when we heard.

Oddest is that as we heard the satellite radio and Real Jazz started playing Herbie Mann, Paul's dad.

Hoping that was a good omen and that this goes down only as the craziest Paul story ever.

Nothing matches a good banter than with Paul.
diannesf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Wherever you are at 7:30 tonight, please take a moment and think of Paul. There will be gatherings at Crissy Field and at the Hook in Hood River, but if you are at Coyote, Sherman Island, Santa Cruz, or at home with your family having dinner, it would be great if we could all send good energy out at the same time.

Dianne
kaiwahine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from being away for a week and this was one of the first emails I read when I returned.

I kept waiting for the "punchline" thinking Paul was pulling a prank of some kind. As Epenrose said, I hope this only goes down as the craziest Paul story ever when they find him.

I hope to see his smiling face again soon. My prayers go out to he and his family and of course Michelle.

See you all at Crissy tonight.
kaiwahine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly hope our dear Paul is found safe and sound, my head just can't get around this shocking news.

He's one of my favorite people at Crissy and I always look forward to seeing him down there. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

I keep thinking he's going to show up and tell us it was all a prank.

see you all at Crissy tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: