myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Our dear friend Paul Mann is missing! Please help!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windspike

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: RIP Pauly - We Will Miss You Reply with quote

I've found that in times of great upheaval and sadness such as this, by reaching back and dusting off the memories, Paul Mann will live on in my mind.

Every day I'm heading out for another glorious day on the water at Crissy, I'll be looking for his truck and rig. If I reach deeply enough in to the fabric of the aether as the spray howls off the lip at the North Tower, I'll see him skipping across the bay at a full gallop, with a big fat grin on waving the Shaka. Fist pumping.

Sail on bro - to greater beaches you have gone, and we will all meet you there one day to sail with you at your new launch.
human_catapult

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rest in Peace, Paul.
Epenrose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news we all didn't want today.

Yesterday evening was a beautiful tribute and thank you Soheil.

Perfectly clear and stunning evening, windy to sunset, overflowing wine and some strange aromas on the lawn wafting around, as Paul would have loved.

Your infectious smile and verbal jibes will be greatly missed, there was never a boring moment when you were around.
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging from the outpouring of love from the windsurfing community he must have been a pretty good guy. One look at his picture and his infectious grin and you know he had a zest for life. So as the song goes only the good die young. I would like to share my condolences to all of you, his friends, and to his family.
Shirin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our sincere condolences to Paul's family and his girlfriend.
May you rest in peace.

Shirin and Wes
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My condolences to Paul's family. I will miss the market rap and the passion for the Grateful Dead we both shared before and after a good sesh.
RIP My brother.
Boggsman
kaiwahine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a really hard time concentrating at work today, just can't get over the idea of not seeing my buddy Paul every time I'm down at Crissy.

It's so hard to imagine him not being there, he was such a positive presence and always willing to lend a hand when I had no idea how to rig something or watching out for me on the water when I'd see him out there.

I took for granted that I'd know him for a long, long time and I keep replaying my memories of him so that they don't fade.

He took me to the North Tower for the first time last summer and made sure I got back safely. We used to joke about "Paul's North Tower Tours for the Ladies". I was so proud of finally making it out to the revered North Tower that day. As we sailed through the shadow the tower makes on the water Paul pointed down at it and yelled back at me, "Now you've made it to the North Tower!" I'd been working up to that moment for the previous three summers.

One of the last times we were both on the water, there wasn't any wind at the North Tower but I kept trying to sail up there anyway. He said to me back at the beach, "Just because you know how to get to the North Tower now doesn't mean you always need to go there!" It was our inside joke.

I miss my buddy and will feel his spirit at the North Tower always.

stephanie

Last edited by kaiwahine on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
NickyK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Yup! Reply with quote

I believe you! I was next on the list .... !!!!

He will be missed!!!!! Sad Sad
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we lost one of our own , Godspeed Paul

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Epenrose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shot a note earlier thanking the Hood River Sheriffs office for their help in trying to find Paul.

I wanted to make sure that the Sheriffs office knew that all of us who knew Paul appreciated their efforts. I hope I didn't jump the gun e-mailing but heard from many how much they were doing, received the following reply from the Detective English:

On behalf of the Hood River County Sheriff’s Office, I wanted to express our deepest sympathy for the loss of your friend. Thank you for your appreciation of our efforts. We are sorry that the outcome could not have been better but are glad that Paul’s family and friend’s now have some closure.

If you have any questions or should need any assistance from us, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Matt English
Detective
Hood River Sheriff's Office
(541) 387-7048

matt.english@co.hood-river.or.us

--------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: